Can't find right file to match my truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dave s

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'd like to get the right file definitions put into my TunerPro RT and try to start figuring this out but my truck isn't listed anywhere. Is there another file close enough to get started with I could use? My ECM number is 16171199 and the letter code is BFCF. It's a 94 with a 305 and a 5 speed and 3:73 gears.
You must be registered for see images attach

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Could he just replace the PROM chip?
The 27SF512 flash chip is a 28 pin EEPROM, the original 24 pin EPROM chips from then had to be IR erased and "burned", some guys over on GearHeadEFI still have the equipment to do it. The Moates Burn2 can read them but can't "burn" them. So, you'll need to adapt your Mem Cal socket to accept them. I THINK! I have a 7747 ECM that I had a ZIF (Zero Insertion Force) socket installed in it so I could flash my own calibrations.

Here's another link that shows the 1199 AND the 6396 but no chip (probably was the 27C512) maybe the definitions for the 6396 will work for the 1199?
https://xtronics.com/wiki/GM_ECU_eproms.html

dave s

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I did an advanced search and came up with this thread - your ECM may be a replacement?

http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-In...?3398-16171199-definitions&highlight=16171199
Well I bought it new and my son in law said he never had it replaced while he had it. So I'm going to say it's what came with it new. I remember back in 95 buying a "performance" chip from Jet I think. I can remember pulling that box out and replacing the chip. When I sold it to my son in law I gave him the factory one. He doesn't remember if it ever got swapped out or what even happened to it. I guess I'll pull it out and see what chip is in there. Only mods I had done to it was JBA shorty headers, tbi spacer, deleted the cat, and I think I did something to the airbox between the snorkel and the fenderwell. I'll check it out and post what I find. Would knowing what chip is in there help things for me?