Cannot find fuel rails for this intake manifold

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thebigcar

Reaction score
Its not the fact im "clinging on to things" not everybody has the tools or a garage to do these LS swaps. Don't get me wrong, I love LS engines and **** but im working with what I have here. Assuming im "ScArEd Of ChAnGe" makes no sense what so ever. I requested information about the fuel rails not a ******** condescending comment.
They look simple enough - just have a machine shop make them - will probably cost you $200 OR you could make them yourself cheaper with a drill press, tap and die set, a mill bit and some aluminum block. Fuel injectors are just held in place by mechanical downward pressure and sealed with rubber orings so drilling holes for them in soft aluminum is easy. Good luck!

Captainfab

Reaction score
Just purchase a length of fuel rail extrusion, cut to length needed and have someone with a mill, bore the injector holes. Then tap the ends for the fittings you want to use. The hold down shouldn't be difficult to figure out. Also the off the shelf fuel rails from Edelbrock or Holley may work. It would just take some measuring. I have both here that I could supply some measurements from if needed.

MrOverCast

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just purchase a length of fuel rail extrusion, cut to length needed and have someone with a mill, bore the injector holes. Then tap the ends for the fittings you want to use. The hold down shouldn't be difficult to figure out. Also the off the shelf fuel rails from Edelbrock or Holley may work. It would just take some measuring. I have both here that I could supply some measurements from if needed.
Thank you very much. I actually found some fuel rails that go to a speedmaster intake that work perfectly for my intake. I will just have to drill some holes for the mounting points.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The reason you can't find aftermarket fuel rails for it is because it's 2022 and that garbage is no longer supported.

;)

GM literally invented the greatest engine lineage ever, and they did it right in the middle of the GMT-400 years, there is no reason whatsoever that anyone should cling to the trash that came in these trucks. You cannot make any argument that the 100% dumpster fire TBI crap that came in these trucks stock is worth keeping, so stop.

Throw it in the scrap bin and get an LS.

We own the best looking trucks in the history of the Chevy truck line, take the technology they've given us and run with it.

I don't want this to sound like I'm being a jerk here, I read these forums every day, and I see you guys trying to spend money to make your trucks go faster and perform better, I totally get that. That's how we all got started. But relative to the money and time you're spending, stop. The returns you will get are a waste of time. Go get a junkyard 4.8 or 5.3 and get after it!
Your statement has merit and could be a consideration. In doing so the forum is accessible worldwide and what works for you does not work for all. Any HP and or Torque gain is a benefit. Any Engine conversion to be completed and daily reliable driver would probably start at $ 3,000.
Another important point the Federal EPA is making moves toward ANY changes from factory original will be considered in violation of Federal mandates. Using their big brother pressure on the states for compliance.
Currently in California engine conversions are allowed, as long as all smog equipment for that year engine are in place and functional. And a letter submitted from the OE dealer that the computer is factory programed for that engine year.
The TBI generations are not perfect. I know it would have been great to see how it performed on my 1986 K3500 going from CA. Central valley over Interstate 80 Donner summit pass to Reno Stead.
And yes I have a 1990 C15 single cab short stepside, and really, really want to drop a 7 liter in it.
It is not like before, when I found a used 409 and M22 to drop into my 55 GMC.
The rules of the game have changed. Good luck to all.

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
Your statement has merit and could be a consideration. In doing so the forum is accessible worldwide and what works for you does not work for all. Any HP and or Torque gain is a benefit. Any Engine conversion to be completed and daily reliable driver would probably start at $ 3,000.
Another important point the Federal EPA is making moves toward ANY changes from factory original will be considered in violation of Federal mandates. Using their big brother pressure on the states for compliance.
Currently in California engine conversions are allowed, as long as all smog equipment for that year engine are in place and functional. And a letter submitted from the OE dealer that the computer is factory programed for that engine year.
The TBI generations are not perfect. I know it would have been great to see how it performed on my 1986 K3500 going from CA. Central valley over Interstate 80 Donner summit pass to Reno Stead.
And yes I have a 1990 C15 single cab short stepside, and really, really want to drop a 7 liter in it.
It is not like before, when I found a used 409 and M22 to drop into my 55 GMC.
The rules of the game have changed. Good luck to all.
The EPA has yet to make any rulings on this, and would be met by hell from both OEM's and the entirety of the aftermarket. We(GM) produce a ton of parts that "would violate mandates". There is no way they could ever enforce a broad sweeping legislation this would require. As for Commiefornia, in my personal experience and opinion, they can go suck an egg. The air in their state has a Prop 65 warning that it will cause cancer.

As for the $3k cost of a reliable DD LS swap that is way off. It can be done for $1k if you're frugal about it, AKA using the OEM 96+ 4L60E, stock manifolds and y-pipe from donor, make your own harness, the most costly part would be the tune and even then it would be a stock LM7 tune w/o VATS and other stuff.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The rules and mandates are in place, when written they anticipated technology would " move forward" .

theunderlord

Reaction score
As for the $3k cost of a reliable DD LS swap that is way off. It can be done for $1k if you're frugal about it, AKA using the OEM 96+ 4L60E, stock manifolds and y-pipe from donor, make your own harness, the most costly part would be the tune and even then it would be a stock LM7 tune w/o VATS and other stuff.
Exactly this.

Take the money that you (you reading this) nickel and dime to mod your truck in non LS fashion, and save it. Save it and do your research. Think about it, the same skills apply, wiring, fabrication, plumbing, engine building (if you want to go that way) It's just with the LS, you're on a much better platform, with so much info at your fingertips, literally every problem has been solved a thousand times over. Not to mention the plethora of aftermarket parts to go whichever route you want to get to the ultimate goal; burnouts. :D B-U-R-N-O-U-T-S.

theunderlord

Reaction score
Its not the fact im "clinging on to things" not everybody has the tools or a garage to do these LS swaps. Don't get me wrong, I love LS engines and **** but im working with what I have here. Assuming im "ScArEd Of ChAnGe" makes no sense what so ever. I requested information about the fuel rails not a ******** condescending comment.
Hey, you're right, I was out of line. Watching people spin their wheels on things that rarely work out is a pet peeve of mine, I absolutely took the wrong tack on your question. Part of the research I've been doing on my project has helped me realize that none of this stuff is really that difficult, and honestly you really don't need that many special tools, If you research and research and research some more. To me, time is the most precious resource I have, and wasting it sucks.

cheers man, sorry if I came off like a dick, which I surely did.

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
The rules and mandates are in place, when written they anticipated technology would " move forward" .
But yet they are not enforcing any of them. And we have not seen any changes at work, we still just can't sell certain things to Commiefornia.

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
Exactly this.

Take the money that you (you reading this) nickel and dime to mod your truck in non LS fashion, and save it. Save it and do your research. Think about it, the same skills apply, wiring, fabrication, plumbing, engine building (if you want to go that way) It's just with the LS, you're on a much better platform, with so much info at your fingertips, literally every problem has been solved a thousand times over. Not to mention the plethora of aftermarket parts to go whichever route you want to get to the ultimate goal; burnouts. :D B-U-R-N-O-U-T-S.
Mine in total will be about $2000-2500 just because I am not straight up dropping in a LS w/o maintenance done to it, it will be torn down to a short block, re-gasketed, new cam, lifters,trays, knock sensors and harness, stock manifolds, my current y-pipe and many other things. I however will be doing a "mild" cam(BTR Truck Norris) which does not require a massive stall. So a stock S10 converter from 94+ will work since it is a 2200-2500 stall from the factory, but only if I keep the 60E and convert mine to 96+.