Cannot find fuel rails for this intake manifold

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrOverCast

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys.

I found this intake manifold Accel 74139 for cheap on Facebook marketplace. But the problem is I cannot find aftermarket fuel rails for it. Can someone please help me?

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
Contact the manufacture? Accel has awesome customer service.

theunderlord

Reaction score
The reason you can't find aftermarket fuel rails for it is because it's 2022 and that garbage is no longer supported.

;)

GM literally invented the greatest engine lineage ever, and they did it right in the middle of the GMT-400 years, there is no reason whatsoever that anyone should cling to the trash that came in these trucks. You cannot make any argument that the 100% dumpster fire TBI crap that came in these trucks stock is worth keeping, so stop.

Throw it in the scrap bin and get an LS.

We own the best looking trucks in the history of the Chevy truck line, take the technology they've given us and run with it.

I don't want this to sound like I'm being a jerk here, I read these forums every day, and I see you guys trying to spend money to make your trucks go faster and perform better, I totally get that. That's how we all got started. But relative to the money and time you're spending, stop. The returns you will get are a waste of time. Go get a junkyard 4.8 or 5.3 and get after it!

Last edited:

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
The reason you can't find aftermarket fuel rails for it is because it's 2022 and that garbage is no longer supported.

;)

GM literally invented the greatest engine lineage ever, and they did it right in the middle of the GMT-400 years, there is no reason whatsoever that anyone should cling to the trash that came in these trucks. You cannot make any argument that the 100% dumpster fire TBI crap that came in these trucks stock is worth keeping, so stop.

We own the best looking trucks in the history of the Chevy truck line, take the technology they've given us and run with it.

I don't want this to sound like I'm being a jerk here, I read these forums every day, and I see you guys trying to spend money to make your trucks go faster and perform better, I totally get that. That's how we all got started. But relative to the money and time you're spending, stop. The returns you will get are a waste of time. Go get a junkyard 4.8 or 5.3 and get after it!
Most people are scared of change, I completely agree with you things have changed in the performance world for sure. I get calls every day asking if we offer kits for x, y, z vehicles to drop in an LS.

theunderlord

Reaction score
Most people are scared of change, I completely agree with you things have changed in the performance world for sure. I get calls every day asking if we offer kits for x, y, z vehicles to drop in an LS.
it just makes so much sense. I'm in the middle of planing my LT swap and I'm researching PWM fuel tanks and pumps for my OBS swap all day long, and everyone is like "just run a return and a normal LS pump" which makes zero sense. You're totally right, everyone is so scared of change. All of the huge LT swaps I've seen on YouTube (the two by StangKiller) and neither of them want to use the new FPCM.

Frank Enstein

Best. Day. EVER!
Reaction score
PWM pump controllers and pressure transducers are difficult to jerry-rig to get home.

I understand the appeal of them but I usually recommend the Corvette regulator/filter mounted as close to the fuel tank as possible.

This gives you an almost returnless system (1 foot return line) with a simple inexpensive easy to replace part that almost every auto parts store has in stock.

just my $.03 (inflation ya know)

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I searched that part number.
Found a listing through Summit Racing.
Pulled up an image, and it looks to me that it has straight bolts near the carb neck.
Meaning it uses prior than 87 heads.
Meaning it wont directly work on an OE GMT400 engine.

I hope you're not married to the idea of using it... How would you plan on actuating the injectors? Did it come with a harness or ECM?

MrOverCast

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score

;)

Its not the fact im "clinging on to things" not everybody has the tools or a garage to do these LS swaps. Don't get me wrong, I love LS engines and **** but im working with what I have here. Assuming im "ScArEd Of ChAnGe" makes no sense what so ever. I requested information about the fuel rails not a ******** condescending comment.

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
it just makes so much sense. I'm in the middle of planing my LT swap and I'm researching PWM fuel tanks and pumps for my OBS swap all day long, and everyone is like "just run a return and a normal LS pump" which makes zero sense. You're totally right, everyone is so scared of change. All of the huge LT swaps I've seen on YouTube (the two by StangKiller) and neither of them want to use the new FPCM.
Good luck. I may be able to provide wiring diagrams if you give me a year and model that your LT engine is from.