Cannister to TBI connection issues/questions - 95 K2500HD 5.7 TBI

Discussion in 'Engine Performance + Maintenance' started by Dana Harris, Jan 11, 2019 at 1:55 AM.

1. Dana Harris

Dana Harris Newbie

Hi folks. I installed my new shocks (Bilstein 4600 - they are awesome!) and in doing so I must have knocked the cannister line to the TBI off cause when I checked my oil I found it completely melted onto the exhaust manifold. In futzing around for a fix I came up with five questions:

1) I don't have a purge valve. The line goes from cannister to TBI. I see mentioned that the 94 & 95's had purge valves. Any reason I dont? Any benefit to having vs. going straight to TBI?

2) Anybody know where to get a replacement line? They have funky fittings to handle the sharp bend as it leaves the cannister

3) Whats the downside to just keeing both ends plugged and not reconnected (they melted closed)?

4) The port on the TBI doesn't seem to have any vacuum while running. Should it?

5) While sticking a golf tee in the TBI port (and then checking it a few times) it comes out covered in black (oil?). Why would that be? Should I run seafoam through that port to clean it out? Again - no suction to speak of..

Thanks for any info...