Canada Call Out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Born and bred.

Damned proud of it!

Where I live in the moment doesn't mean spit to me.

I'm Nova Scotian to the core.

A 'Bluenoser'!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-nf9tFfzwEKU/UDhN1lKnl-I/AAAAAAAADxw/8UviBo0GTB0/s1600/IMG_3234.JPG

http://www.rum.cz/galery/nam/ca/acadian/img/ca149.jpg

My Grandfather was a crewmember/instructor on it when it was a training vehicle for cadets.
I AM, a son of a son of a sailor!

This the origin of what being a 'Bluenoser' means.
(Now it's kind of a generic term for anyone from N.S., where the Bluenose I & II were built.)

Blue Nose Certificates

For centuries sailors have marked their first crossing of the Arctic Circle. In the Royal Navy there is an elaborate ceremony and certificates are given to recognise the event. The wording on a typical Blue Nose Certificate is often as follows:

All sailors, wherever and whoever ye may be…

GREETINGS

Know all ye by these presents that ‘Smudge Smith’ did, on the second day of January, two thousand and eleven, appear in the northernmost reaches of my realm embarked in HMS Royal Ark in latitude 66’33N and in longitude 18’30E, bound for the dark and frosty wastes of the Land of the Midnight Sun and did with our Royal consent enter this Dread Region by crossing the ARCTIC CIRCLE.

By virtue whereof I, NEPTUNUS REX, Ruler of the Raging Main do hereby declare him to be a loyal and trusty salt-lined and brine-encrusted BLUENOSE and do call upon all icebergs, sea lions, narwhals, polar bears, whales, mermaids, and other creatures of the Frigid North to show him due deference and respect.

Disobey under pain of our Royal displeasure.

Signed

NEPTUNUS REX
Ruler of the Raging Main

AURORA BOREALIS

Queen of His Majesty’s Northern Province

Last edited:

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
A 'Bluenoser'!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-nf9tFfzwEKU/UDhN1lKnl-I/AAAAAAAADxw/8UviBo0GTB0/s1600/IMG_3234.JPG

My Grandfather was a crewmember/instructor on it when it was a training vehicle for cadets.
I AM, a son of a son of a sailor!

This the origin of what being a 'Bluenoser' means.
(Now it's kind of a generic term for anyone from N.S., where the Bluenose I & II were built.)

Blue Nose Certificates

For centuries sailors have marked their first crossing of the Arctic Circle. In the Royal Navy there is an elaborate ceremony and certificates are given to recognise the event. The wording on a typical Blue Nose Certificate is often as follows:

All sailors, wherever and whoever ye may be…

GREETINGS

Know all ye by these presents that ‘Smudge Smith’ did, on the second day of January, two thousand and eleven, appear in the northernmost reaches of my realm embarked in HMS Royal Ark in latitude 66’33N and in longitude 18’30E, bound for the dark and frosty wastes of the Land of the Midnight Sun and did with our Royal consent enter this Dread Region by crossing the ARCTIC CIRCLE.

By virtue whereof I, NEPTUNUS REX, Ruler of the Raging Main do hereby declare him to be a loyal and trusty salt-lined and brine-encrusted BLUENOSE and do call upon all icebergs, sea lions, narwhals, polar bears, whales, mermaids, and other creatures of the Frigid North to show him due deference and respect.

Disobey under pain of our Royal displeasure.

Signed

NEPTUNUS REX
Ruler of the Raging Main

AURORA BOREALIS

Queen of His Majesty’s Northern Province

I qualify for both my contemporary and your historic definition of "Bluenoser".

Fyi: "Bluenoser" in reference to Nova Scotians did not evolve from the royal navy tradition, but it is in reference to the Grand Banks schooner Bluenose which resides at Privateers Warf and graces the Canadian dime.

It is an image that all Nova Scotians identify with.

I am also a Halogonian, which has no more reference to the British Earl of Halifax other than the city that bears his name (now known as HRM).

Like many terms in the English language, one word can mean several different things (ie: saw).

:)

Last edited:

haggus99

Reaction score
I Live on Vancouver Island outside Victoria. Originally from Thunder Bay ON. I was a short term resident in Halifax NS for a couple of years. Also a member of the RCN.

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
I Live on Vancouver Island outside Victoria. Originally from Thunder Bay ON. I was a short term resident in Halifax NS for a couple of years. Also a member of the RCN.

Well I'll be, finally another Vancouver Island member(Even though you joined a year before me, haha) glad to have ya here! I'm a little north of ya about an hour and a half..

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score

Hmmm, that campground in your avatar pic sure looks familiar.....wouldn't happen to be anywhere near Duke Point would it?

:)

blue_92_sierra

Aftermath
Reaction score
Damn I've been on this forum for a couple years and have never seen this thread! Repping the small town of Vermilion, Alberta here

haggus99

Reaction score
Fellow Canucks

I just found a wholesale distributor in Canada with a decent clearance site. Since they don't have a vendor in my area they will sell to me direct. Keep in mind this is clearance stuff so availability is definitely an issue, but I ordered the following items for my truck:

14207 Derale GM 4l80E Transmission Oil Pan Cooler.
2443 V Tech Smoke 88-98 GMC Full Size
948LC Elixer Stainless Steel 88-98 Chevy/GMC Long Box
48010 Bushwacker Smooth ABS 88-00 Chevy C/K Pickup

Anyway delivered to my door it was under 220.00. If you are interested in checking them out shoot me a pm I will send you the link.

Hopefully this doesn't offend any rules of the board if it does I hope a Mod will let me know.

Thanks

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
Fellow Canucks

I just found a wholesale distributor in Canada with a decent clearance site. Since they don't have a vendor in my area they will sell to me direct. Keep in mind this is clearance stuff so availability is definitely an issue, but I ordered the following items for my truck:

14207 Derale GM 4l80E Transmission Oil Pan Cooler.
2443 V Tech Smoke 88-98 GMC Full Size
948LC Elixer Stainless Steel 88-98 Chevy/GMC Long Box
48010 Bushwacker Smooth ABS 88-00 Chevy C/K Pickup

Anyway delivered to my door it was under 220.00. If you are interested in checking them out shoot me a pm I will send you the link.

Hopefully this doesn't offend any rules of the board if it does I hope a Mod will let me know.

Thanks

Hell, I'd be interested thats for sure!