Can you put an 82' 350 in where a 94 350 was

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bburban94

Reaction score
So can I put the tbi heads on then the tbi manifold considering the manifold bolts in to the tbi head the angle for the bolts should not be a problem because the manifold is on a tbi head

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yup, TBI heads are a direct bolt on, use the TBI distributor, and all the TBI front accessories.
As stated earlier, the flex plate has to be from the '84.

The "up to '85" blocks used a 2 piece rear main seal, so the crankshaft and flex plate are different.
1 piece rear main seal in 86, 72° canted intake bolts and center bolt valve covers in '87.

So if you're '84 below the China rails, use '84 parts. '87+ above uses the OE '94 parts.
Also, there should be no difference in the head gaskets, but I'd go with the '84.

The only problem you're gonna face is the driver side oil dipstick. It's not gonna fit behind the exhaust manifold. Use shorty headers to solve that problem. Ask me how I know...

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
TBI heads require TBI rocker arms (self-aligning). Don't use the older arms on the newer heads.

Good call on the oil dipstick/tube. I'd have never thought of that.

Bburban94

Reaction score
Yup, TBI heads are a direct bolt on, use the TBI distributor, and all the TBI front accessories.
As stated earlier, the flex plate has to be from the '84.

The "up to '85" blocks used a 2 piece rear main seal, so the crankshaft and flex plate are different.
1 piece rear main seal in 86, 72° canted intake bolts and center bolt valve covers in '87.

So if you're '84 below the China rails, use '84 parts. '87+ above uses the OE '94 parts.
Also, there should be no difference in the head gaskets, but I'd go with the '84.

The only problem you're gonna face is the driver side oil dipstick. It's not gonna fit behind the exhaust manifold. Use shorty headers to solve that problem. Ask me how I know...
Thanks you guys alot also where could I find the flexplate to crankshaft bolts and are there 7 of them?

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Bburban94

Reaction score
Thanks guys I think I finally got a good ideas about how to go about this I will update later or if I have any more questions