Can you fit a NBS rear end 6 Lug Disc on a 88-98 2wd

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dropped96GMC

Reaction score
I am trying to do a 6 lug conversion to my 1996 GMC. I know I can get all the parts off of a 2500 HD 88-98 and get the 6 lug finish but the reason i am trying to go NBS is to save time. I am wanting to go discs in the rear and I know I can get a kit or swap over the disc from a Camaro plus add a spacer for the backing plate. You don’t need to mention anything about the mounting of shocks or leafs because I am doing a triangulated four link coil over set up in the rear.
My main concerns are the driveshafts will it be a direct bolt in keeping my stock shafts ?

NEVR2LO

Reaction score
I am trying to do a 6 lug conversion to my 1996 GMC. I know I can get all the parts off of a 2500 HD 88-98 and get the 6 lug finish but the reason i am trying to go NBS is to save time. I am wanting to go discs in the rear and I know I can get a kit or swap over the disc from a Camaro plus add a spacer for the backing plate. You don’t need to mention anything about the mounting of shocks or leafs because I am doing a triangulated four link coil over set up in the rear.
My main concerns are the driveshafts will it be a direct bolt in keeping my stock shafts ?
I did install a 2004 disc brake rear end 6 lug on my 2999 obs crew cab when I converted from 3/4 ton 8 lug to 1)2 ton 6lug. Rear end is a little wider but with a set of nnbs wheels with different offset it looks awesome. Drive shaft bolted up no problem only thing I had to do was to get an conversion u- joint.