Can I put a 1991 c1500 cab on a 1988 k3500 chassis?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Yes, you will have to make a few cuts for the 4X4 shifter to fit through the floor pan though

Thanks, I'll just make a cardboard stencil off the old cab and sawzaw it out. Or is there an easier way to do it? I've never done anything like this before.

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
Pull up the carpet and see if there is a area already stamped in the floor pan, if not it is only a small cut out

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
You'll also find the opening on the passenger side of the firewall for the harness is a different shape. Not a big deal, just something to handle. 88-90 is fairly square with 1 retaining screw, 91-up is rectangular with 2 screws. Obviously this only matters if you're reusing an 88-90 engine harness. I haven't tried but you may be able to detach the "blocks" from the harnesses and swap them out; it's not a connector there as some may think but just an attached piece to retain the harness at that point.

Richard

Reaction score
You'll also find the opening on the passenger side of the firewall for the harness is a different shape. Not a big deal, just something to handle. 88-90 is fairly square with 1 retaining screw, 91-up is rectangular with 2 screws. Obviously this only matters if you're reusing an 88-90 engine harness. I haven't tried but you may be able to detach the "blocks" from the harnesses and swap them out; it's not a connector there as some may think but just an attached piece to retain the harness at that point.

Richard

I'm using the harness from the 88 k3500 chassis, the harness from the 91 c1500 is mostly missing, was chopped when someone took the power train, but I still have the block. I played with the block a little bit last week and it didn't come apart for me, I'll look into that a little more today.