Camaro rims on a lowered c1500?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jimdaug

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a set of SS wheels off my 2011 Camaro. I just did a test fit on the front of my 94 SB and the center bore of the rim is not fitting over the spindle hub. I see that everyone is able to run them with the 1.5 adapter. Did anyone else run into this clearance issue?

I wasn't able to get 1" adapters over the hub. The "back" of the hubcentric lip hits the outer bearing snout before the adapter goes all the way on. In fact it leaves a 1" space between the adapter and the rotor. I would have to run a 2-1/8" adapter to get the fronts to fit. I don't know how the people with 1.5" spacers are getting it to work.

Conehead396

Reaction score
I wasn't able to get 1" adapters over the hub. The "back" of the hubcentric lip hits the outer bearing snout before the adapter goes all the way on. In fact it leaves a 1" space between the adapter and the rotor. I would have to run a 2-1/8" adapter to get the fronts to fit. I don't know how the people with 1.5" spacers are getting it to work.
I can buy the correct adapter to fit over the hub "Bora", but if the wheels will not slide over the snout of the hub it will not miter. Hopefully a member will expand on how they are running the front with 1.5".

arrg

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes, but how?
You must be registered for see images attach
You can't run a 1" or a 1.5" adapter that has the hubcentric ring on it for your new wheels. If the adapters they're running are hubcentric at all, it is only to the hub on the brake rotor not the new wheels. Take your caliper and measure the height of the hub. If you want adapters for the Camaro wheels with the hubcentic ring for the wheels, the adapter will have to be taller than the hub.

jimdaug

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can't run a 1" or a 1.5" adapter that has the hubcentric ring on it for your new wheels. If the adapters they're running are hubcentric at all, it is only to the hub on the brake rotor not the new wheels. Take your caliper and measure the height of the hub. If you want adapters for the Camaro wheels with the hubcentic ring for the wheels, the adapter will have to be taller than the hub.

Well mystery solved on that front then. I went back through the whole thread and no one had mentioned whether they were or weren't running hubcentric. I just assumed.

Conehead396 has a point then, if they're not hubcentric on the rim, the rotor snout still might be bigger than the hubcentric area of the wheel. I measured the hub bearing area on my rotor at 67.6mm and the Camaro wheel bore is listed at 66.9mm. I cant get the calipers down in there to measure it. The rotor snout might be slightly smaller depending on who manufactured the rotors. There's probably no reason they couldn't be shaved down a bit on a lathe and make them hubcentric LOL.

If I have that lip turned off I'll have to measure how much room I've got on the wheel and can probably forget about centercaps.

Choppin' Block/CBCpro chassis is supposedly coming out with a modular spindle for OBS trucks that uses a unit bearing type hub and is supposed to come in 5x5 pattern, but I have not heard anything new on it in a few months. If it keeps the same OBS wheel bore I could use it on those maybe.

jimdaug

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Adding an update because I hate it when someone gets to a point and then you never hear from them again. I basically did what I talked about in my last post. I had a machinist turn the lips off the spacer and a hair off the rotor snout. There was not enough room for the center cap even with the smaller grease cap.

Phase 2 of the operation is I ordered React Suspension's new modular 2" drop spindles and found out yesterday there is a different machinist that lives down the street from me. He's going to turn a set of hubs for me with the truck bearings and camaro wheel pattern where the adapter face is currently plus a bit to get the center caps to fit. Also we're going to fabricate a caliper bracket so I can run 5th gen brake rotors and calipers. Hopefully I'll have some updates on that by Christmas.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So are the camaros 5 lug the same pattern as the stock 5 lug gmt400? I'm just now jumping in