Cam retard

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
We're not fans of swap-tronics on this board, but nobody argues against ditching the stock poppets for the MPFI conversion. Even if it's not the source of your problem, you'll notice a difference.
They work even better with the correct injector data programmed into the PCM as well.

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
I wasn't aware of this

I have a 96 with a consistent miss at speeds I changed plugs wires cap rotor fuel filter new tps egr valve blah blah . I think the original injectors or dizzy it's self are bad .. what do you guys think this is or am I way off track . $300 for injectors and 260k miles .. let me know much appreciated
I would pull the distributor and inspect the drive gear for wear and if it shows abnormal wear replace it first. It is under $50.00 to replace the gear.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They work even better with the correct injector data programmed into the PCM as well.
I gotta remember this when I install mine. But I’ll have to send my pcm out, not having your skills to add correct data myself. :Angry: