Cam position sensor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Grab a can of carb cleaner and spray all around the intake, throttle body, etc. Also, rent a fuel pressure tester and see what your pressure is at idle and when you crack the gas open good and hard. Should jump to about 62. See if it leaks down right when you shut it off too.

Robert040721

Reaction score
Grab a can of carb cleaner and spray all around the intake, throttle body, etc. Also, rent a fuel pressure tester and see what your pressure is at idle and when you crack the gas open good and hard. Should jump to about 62. See if it leaks down right when you shut it off too.
By crack the gass open you mean open up the throttle right?

Awest623

A juicy girl got me, again
Reaction score
Check the dizzy button for play. Could be a worn distributor gear, happened to mine a few years ago. Same code, along with not wanting to start when hot and mild loping sometimes. I didn't figure it out till the gear was chewed all the way thru and my engine quit out on a highway.

You must be registered for see images attach

Robert040721

Reaction score
Check the dizzy button for play. Could be a worn distributor gear, happened to mine a few years ago. Same code, along with not wanting to start when hot and mild loping sometimes. I didn't figure it out till the gear was chewed all the way thru and my engine quit out on a highway.

You must be registered for see images attach
Theres no play in the distibutor so I think I'm fine there

Awest623

A juicy girl got me, again
Reaction score
How would I do that, I have a multimeter, I'm just not great with electrical stuff so I'm trying to learn
Set the multimeter to measure resistance (the Ω symbol). Test the continuity by putting on probe on a the sensor plug and the other on the corresponding plug by the ecu. Repeat for each wire. It should beep at you if it's got a speaker or show a low number. If it shows no change on the screen it means you got a broken wire.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk