Cam position sensor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Robert040721

Reaction score
So lately when I got to start my truck up(hot or cold) it lopes extremely bad like 400 rpms maybe and once I give it a little gas it goes up to normal idle. And then when I stop and a stop sign and start to accelerate it bogs down on me, acts like it wants to die but never does. Can anyone help me out here, I'm pretty sure my cam position sensor is the culprit but I would like to know if there is a way to test it instead of buying a new sensor and praying that's the culprit

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
The loping part sounds like a vacuum leak. I had 2 vacuum leaks and the thing would fire instantly, lope or die, then settle out if you gave it some gas for a couple of seconds. Your injector spider could also be giving you other assorted fits here as well.

Robert040721

Reaction score
The loping part sounds like a vacuum leak. I had 2 vacuum leaks and the thing would fire instantly, lope or die, then settle out if you gave it some gas for a couple of seconds. Your injector spider could also be giving you other assorted fits here as well.
Any recommendations then? Or how I can test the things you listen