Cab Light Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jus10inbrla

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Im not home but i just drew this up as the guideline im using. Will try to remeber to take pix as im doing it

You must be registered for see images attach

jus10inbrla

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Essentialy this is what it will look like with the center forward but using the c/l of singles for the rear mounting. And the other 2 pix are how i got the 5” marking. Will use a pipe wrap to go all the way across then mark.

jus10inbrla

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not realy worried about sharpie lines ; painting in a few months

jus10inbrla

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Flash on vs flash off

This is the factory bulbs & kit from lmctrucks. 59$

jus10inbrla

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So the damn bulbs have already stopped working on the center cluster. I thought it was bulbs so I changed them.. still doing same thing. Looks like that flemsy buss bar going across isnt staying still and I don’t have good contact on the bulb holder to it. Looks like i can get some t10 socket pigtails that will go in where these are now. That way i can bypass the buss bars. Any of yall had to do that yet ??

mars2878

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Does the wiring run across under the headliner or do you have to fish it threw a chamber between the roof and cab ceiling?

these pics were taken of a 2000 k2500 ccsb.

mars2878

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

This was an OEM installed kit. The dashboard end of the harness has a blue plug that attached to a pigtail coming off of the main harness.

Hope this helps.

Z71Hobbs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

This was an OEM installed kit. The dashboard end of the harness has a blue plug that attached to a pigtail coming off of the main harness.

Hope this helps.

I have never seen a Gmt400 cab light setup installed this way. All of the ones I’ve pulled (15-20) have ran between the roof skins, and out through a small hole near the upper left corner of the windshield. Then down the a pillar. 1988-1995 hooked into the convenience center and 96 plus installed into a plug located in the steering column support braces adjacent to the firewall (not accessible with dash in truck).

mars2878

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have never seen a Gmt400 cab light setup installed this way. All of the ones I’ve pulled (15-20) have ran between the roof skins, and out through a small hole near the upper left corner of the windshield. Then down the a pillar. 1988-1995 hooked into the convenience center and 96 plus installed into a plug located in the steering column support braces adjacent to the firewall (not accessible with dash in truck).

The whole harness is shaped like the letter "Y", part runs between the 2 skins w/ all of the bulbs, part runs along the inner skin w/ the pigtails for the vanity & rearview mirrors. The last part runs along the a-pillar & ends @ the blue plug. It's tied together as 1 harness. This is the only one that I've done.