C5 vette wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Found a good deal on a set of vette wheels. 17x8.5 fronts n I think 18x9.5 rears. I know I need adapters, but what I’m concerned is how thick it needs to be. I’m thinking an Inch n half would be good.

TacosnBeer

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You will get some varied responses on wheel spacers..... I have never been a fan of spacers but, have had them on two trucks out of necessity (to make wheels fit) and thankfully, have never had any problems. Currently, I have 1.5" on one of my trucks.. best bet is to make sure they are hub-centric and use red thread locker on the inside lug nuts... and check them often. As far as size, measure the backspacing on the wheels and see how much you will need. You can get almost any width these days... oh and don't buy cheap crappy ones off eBay. spend some $ on a reputable company's product and you will be okay.

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have 2” spacers on my lifted tundra running 35s with 20” rims. Never had any issue. Guess for the price of rims, and even with spacers, not too much money invested. Prolly get em tonite, brake out the tape n start measuring. Was looking to see who else ran these wheels for some insight.

arrg

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Depends on where you want to put them in the wheels well. Those fronts are usually +54mm offset and the rears are usually +56mm. That's a little over 2" to put them back where the stock wheels where.

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well for the price I paid I couldn’t get barely one wheel new. So if I need custom adapters/spacers still ahead of the game. Now just need to find some tires.

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Guessing gonna need at least a 2 1/4”, if down pour holds off after work gonna check.

Ben Burrage

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have 2" hub centric spacers from Supreme Suspensions on my truck, and from Titan on my Tahoe. Both have been good. ☝️☝️ Don't go cheap and use the thread locker mentioned.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
EZAccessory dot com has some good ones and you can pay extra for hubcentric. It's not necessary as these vehicles are lug-centric (anything using conical seat lug nuts is) but if it gives you any extra peace of mind, then go for it.

I would personally opt for the blue threadlocker. It will not let go unless you want it to. Red would be overkill. Clean hardware and proper torque is enough, but the blue wouldn't hurt.

Anybody afraid of bolt-on spacers/adapters coming loose should avoid driving near any older dually trucks. Their front hubs are SRW style hubs with very large spacers bolted on.

Richard

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Called motor-tech or whatever it’s called, they can make whatever you need. Bout $380 all 4, just need to get an accurate measurement as to adapter thickness.

Stumpy

Heavy Chevy
Reaction score
Called motor-tech or whatever it’s called, they can make whatever you need. Bout $380 all 4, just need to get an accurate measurement as to adapter thickness.
You get the BORA spacers? The one vehicle I've run spacers on, that's the brand I keep getting recommended. The quality was really good, but you pay for it. They're made to order, and I think it took 3 weeks before I got mine.
My only complaint with those guys(Motorsport Tech), was their communication, or the lack of it. Worked out in the end though.