C3500 frankentruck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zsmith

Reaction score
Hi all, I've been searching for days and troubleshooting for weeks. I have a crazy project I've been working on for a while now and trying to get all the odds and ends working.
I have a 1998 crew cab gmc c3500 7.4 454 engine and harness
A 1998 crew cab chevrolet c3500 5.7 350 dashboard(with harness)
And a 1998 3 door extended cab gmc k1500 5.7 cab and harness
The 7.4 c3500 crew cab dually had power everything in cab. (Gone)
The 5.7 c3500 crew cab single wheel had manual everything in cab. (Still have)
The 5.7 k1500 3door extended cab had power everything in cab. (Still have)

The whole purpose of this project is to have a 454 powered 5 seater with a 8x12 foot flatbed. Using the c3500 frame, the c3500 dually axle and engine, and the k1500 cab.

My problem is wiring. The wiring for my cab (k1500) is obviously not the same as my door (7.4 c3500) wiring. And I cannot find wiring diagrams for the 4 door window and locks, only the 2 door. Originally before I did alot of searching on here, when I would try to use the windows or locks, the horn would blow. Found "F" on the courtesy center connector wasn't getting grounded as it needed from the dash harness. Fixed that, then the drivers window worked but not passenger window. found that the wiring in both the door was all hacked up. So I replaced the doors with my extra doors from my 7.4 c3500 and now the window and locks dont work. Figured the extra connector on drivers door was for the rear windows and locks but I also noticed the wire colors on the other 2 connectors that plugged in are different.

Other than advice (which I need) does anyone have the wiring diagrams for a 4 door windows and locks? Also anything im not thinking about? Truck runs and drives as it sits now, I just like my power doors.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You have the service manual and unit repair manual? I just looked through section 8 and 9 all the 1 st pair, 2 nd pair ( crew, tahoe, suburban) rear cargo ( doors and tailgate) are all there. Wire and mechanical.

Zsmith

Reaction score
You have the service manual and unit repair manual? I just looked through section 8 and 9 all the 1 st pair, 2 nd pair ( crew, tahoe, suburban) rear cargo ( doors and tailgate) are all there. Wire and mechanical.
Never had a service manuals for any of my vehicles, until recently i have always had access to All Data and Identifix to use as resources.

Zsmith

Reaction score

Zsmith

Reaction score
Here are some progress pictures for those that are interested. Its dirty as hell, and mismatched paint for now but its progress.

The White Truck was my original truck. a tree crushed the passenger side roof and door frame which is why i came up with this crazy idea. i had already swapped the 350 for the 454 a while back before the tree fell on it. I figured if i had to repair the cab i may as well replace the cab and make it into the truck i wanted rather than the one i had.

You must be registered for see images attach