C3500 CCSRW 4.5/2 Lift. Wheel Fitment.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DirtMcGirt

Reaction score
I’m in need of the backspacing specs of the factory 16” steel wheels to get the right spacers for my 4.5” front lift spindles.

bravocharlie

Reaction score
Did you find any info?

I am interested in the same spec. I am using the Superior SF1 16” aluminum wheels. They have a back spacing of 4.85” based on some minor web searching. I found that the maximum back spacing for the 4.5” lift spindles recommend no greater than 4.625”.

That leaves about .225” too great of clearance. Quarter inch spacer or 7mm is needed.

The_Predator

Reaction score
I don't have the specs but I assume the warning is because the stock wheels will hit the banjo bolt and compress the brake caliper when making full lock turns. A remedy to this is cutting the steering stop off the lower control arms. I ran stock wheels with 245/75/16s on my c3500 with no problems after removing the steering stops.

bravocharlie

Reaction score
I don't have the specs but I assume the warning is because the stock wheels will hit the banjo bolt and compress the brake caliper when making full lock turns. A remedy to this is cutting the steering stop off the lower control arms. I ran stock wheels with 245/75/16s on my c3500 with no problems after removing the steering stops.
Ran into the same thing. Freaked me out at first when loosing brakes after a full turn