C2500 With Beltech Spindles 4/6 drop - Steer Stop Trimming?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RQ Jay

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images
I was wondering if anyone trims or removes the steering stop for a better radius?
The Belltech spindles contact is a bit more protruded than the OE spindle was. and looks to limit the turn radius a bit more.
No mention of having to trim or modify them in the instructions, just reference on the lower control arm gutter trim?
I have not driven the truck yet with these on, so cant report if it actually did cut the radius down...
Thanks for any help!

Last edited:

RQ Jay

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sorry... the image did not make it...
The area circled I had been advised to trim to get back some of the turn radius from belltech ...
Has any one done this or can share how far??

Thanks
View media item 32559

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Who advised you to trim the stop? Belltech?

They likely designed it that way to compensate for any interference once lowered, but they have to take into consideration a wide variety of tire and wheel configurations someone might run. If what you have on the truck still has plenty of clearance all the way around with the wheel at full lock, with the suspension at normal operating height (not jacked up on stands) then I'd say go for it, but proceed with caution. My guess is you'll find the wheel hoop may want to contact the tie rod end, or the tire sidewall may contact the frame.

Richard

gearheadE30

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When you check clearance, take a look at the ackerman and the tie rod angle relative to the steer arm and relative to the center link. It may also be set up that way to prevent the suspension from getting too close to a toggle position at full lock. Spindles do help with correcting geometry in some ways when lowered, but they don't actually get you back to stock geometry so it is worth checking carefully.