C2500 upper front A-arm on 93 C1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gearheadE30

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Good deal! I guess I was thinking the forged are less likely to break in a minor collision. and maybe handle a little better, stiffer, more responsive, less alignments needed?

I would hope that "minor collisions" are not happening enough for that to be a legitimate concern.... and actually, the stamped arms are better in that case because they would bend instead of cracking/snapping off.

Not sure I follow with less alignments - you get an alignment when you change something, be it arms, tie rods, bushings, ball joints, whatever. If you are knocking things out of alignment otherwise, then either something is loose or worn out, you wheel your truck pretty aggressively off road, or you really need to stop hitting pot holes or curbs.

I'd be surprised if there was a notable handling difference between the forged arm and a stamped arm with new bushings. If there is a difference, it would only be in really high load situations, like autocrossing or a track day or something, and at that point polyurethane bushings or tubular arms with better geometry or something are what you'd really want.

All that being said....they sure do look a lot cleaner, and I considered them for that. Ultimately will probably end up going with tubular stuff in the end though.