C2500 upper front A-arm on 93 C1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SKFengineer

Reaction score
So as the title says I'm wondering about the 3/4 ton tubular front upper A-arm as a replacement for the stamped steel piece on my 1/2 ton truck. First I'm currently not interested in lowering my truck yet, until I get a newer truck this truck has the dual role of fun street and going camping truck... It is a 1993 short bed, std cab, looks like the SS 454 including the wheels etc. but only has a small block engine.

I'm starting to put together pieces to re-build the worn 200,000 mile front suspension and I'd like to use tubular upper arms for the front when I replace the bushings. (cleaner look) So far it seems all the ones on the market are for lowered or bagged trucks and there aren't any with the right geometry for a stock height truck. I was in the LMC catalog yesterday and I saw that the 3/4 ton trucks had what appears to be a tubular A-arm. Is it possible to use this on a 1/2 ton truck. If not does anyone have a source for a tubular A-arm on a stock height C1500. - Thanks

Mods, I picked this forum "lowered and bagged" because it didn't seem like this question would fit anywhere else. If you need to move it please do so...

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
That's not a tubular arm; it's forged. Unnecessary on a 1500 and no benefit to you whatsoever other than maybe appearance. To use it with 1500 spindles you will need to redrill the bolt pattern for the ball joint.

Richard

SKFengineer

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply, I've seen the DJM A-arms on Summit but after having some direct contact with DJM they said their A-arms were only for lowered trucks. I'd be as happy as a clam to use the DJM A-arms if possible. Maybe I will contact summit tech support and see what they have so say.

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Upper controls arms having nothing to do with lowering a vehicle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cobalt

Reaction score
im going to run the c2500 arms on my truck but swaping ball joints to k1500 so theres no modifying the knuckle it may be cheaper to get a set from the salvage yard and do the ball joint swap

bowtie-till-i-die

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you are wanting to lower the truck, take the a-arms and flip them upside down, then put the drivers side a-arm on the passengers side and vice versa. This will change the angle of the upper ball joint, and it won't be in such a bind. I wish I could load pics but my smart phone is stupid. I promise it works. Do a Google search on it, you will find a lot of people who say no, but then you'llfind 1 or 2 guys wwho've actually dine it