C2500 Suburban/ Need help.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HDburb

Reaction score
As the post states I need help.
I have a factory stock 92 suburban silverado c2500 2wd 8 lug with a full floater rear, 350/4l80e, hydroboost brakes, heavy duty tow package etc.
Finding a lowering kit/components seems to be a bit of a challenge as nobody has been able to give me a real answer. Most kits are for 1500 or 2500 6 bolts.
I was hoping I can get away with using the 2500/3500 8lug stuff from a truck kit but I know the truck and SUV frames have some deviations between them. Has anyone ever ran into this?
I really want to do a flip kit and slam the thing.

Attachments

• 20211009_083936.jpg
    20211009_083936.jpg
    469 KB · Views: 7
  • 20210311_175859.jpg
    20210311_175859.jpg
    234 KB · Views: 7
  • 20210311_175827.jpg
    20210311_175827.jpg
    226.2 KB · Views: 7

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The front you would use the same parts from a C2500 pickup with the 5.7 - spindles and springs.

The rear gets a little tricky as drop amounts differ with the Suburban anyway because it's pretty much level from factory instead of a slight rake as a pickup has. You can flip the rear with a regular flip kit though the supplied pre-made notch may not fit the frame unless you find one specific to a Suburban. Or, you could fab your own. A flip on a Suburban is a lot of drop so you'll need a lot of drop up front as well, maybe more than you planned on.

I'm sure you already considered this but your current wheel and tire combo is a 100% no-go with a drop, and your choices are really limited in 8 lug as to what will fit with a drop.

Clean Suburban 2500 by the way; I've been looking for one myself but with the 7.4, and almost all the ones for sale around here are 4x4.

Richard

HDburb

Reaction score
Yeah the front's been the easy part, it's the rear that has me most concerned, as the rake and the slight difference in the frames is what has been holding me up. As well as the fact that I have yet to see another factory 2wd 8bolt suburban with the full floater let alone a lowered 2500burb. My concern is if I don't do a flip and just go with shackles I won't get as low as I would like.
The wheels and tires were just something I had laying around already so I threw them on. It's now sitting back on stocks. I figured I could somewhat compensate for rake with staggered wheel/tire sizing front and rear. I may just have to pull the trigger and buy a truck kit and modify as I go.

I have most of my stuff organized to put my sloppy stage 2 turbo LS build together. As this is going to be my summer/family hotrod/cruiser and the ol' reliable tbi 350 just doesn't cut it lol. I figure with a 500whp with the LS I'll likely still get better fuel mileage, tow better and smile a little more driving it.

And thanks the old boy I bought it from was the second owner and I worked with him for years, he kept the thing in great shape. I've been around the truck for almost 20 years so I just had to have it. I've had it for about 5 years now.