C1500 to 2000 Escalade/Yukon denali front end swap?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, whole front clip. There's a bunch of miscellaneous items besides just the fenders, hood, grille, and bumper. Bumper impact foam (the thick molded foam behind the bumper cover), impact bar, impact bar brackets, outer brackets that support the ends of the bumper cover, a couple plastic brackets that support the grille, the headlights, turn signals.. can't remember if the tow hooks are the same as regular gmt400 tow hooks. It's been, uh, 21 (yes twenty one) years since I did my '92.

One thing I noticed on the aftermarket kit fenders, there's no tab on the sheetmetal to attach the screw for the wiper cowl corner pieces. Not sure why, but it's weird. Fairly simple to tack some metal on there if you can weld at all, then you'll just have to position the corner piece and mark/drill a hole for the screw on each side. If you go with OEM parts, the fenders will have full cladding style flares which obviously your doors and cab won't have those matching parts, so you'll be left with filling those holes. Be sure to remove the flares before mounting the fenders as several of the fasteners are no longer accessible once the fender is in place.

You must be registered for see images attach

Richard
I left the cladding because I think the bumper looks weird without it, but it bugs me that it's not on the doors. Since there were never suburban length versions of these trucks no cladding for the rear full doors exists, so I'm kinda stuck.
I also trimmed the fenders behind the cladding for low turning clearance.

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I left the cladding because I think the bumper looks weird without it, but it bugs me that it's not on the doors. Since there were never suburban length versions of these trucks no cladding for the rear full doors exists, so I'm kinda stuck.
I also trimmed the fenders behind the cladding for low turning clearance.
If you really wanted to, you could make it happen. Make a mold from the rear door cladding and then extend it, make a new piece out of fiberglass. Then you'd pretty much have to craft bed moldings from scratch.

Richard

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you really wanted to, you could make it happen. Make a mold from the rear door cladding and then extend it, make a new piece out of fiberglass. Then you'd pretty much have to craft bed moldings from scratch.

Richard
I could certainly pay someone else to do it, but I don't have either the talent or the tools to create that.
I'm confident it can be done, equally confident I ain't the one who could do it!

Onizukachan

Great Teacher
Reaction score
I’ve always wondered if the fender cladding from a 4x4 or a 3500hd wasn’t a direct bolt on replacement.

then you wouldn’t have to worry about doors etc. it would properly end at the fender.

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’ve always wondered if the fender cladding from a 4x4 or a 3500hd wasn’t a direct bolt on replacement.

then you wouldn’t have to worry about doors etc. it would properly end at the fender.
It might just coincidentally be the same bolt pattern, but if you get it from a 3500HD you'll need to go for 1991-1995ish donor. Sometime during the 1996 model year they switched from the 2-piece arrangement that has a small extension next to the grille filler, to a 1-piece that would be too long for a truck without the 3500HD grille filler. I'm sure you could trim the 1-piece, but the 2-piece stuff is in much bigger supply not being 3500HD-specific.

1991-1995ish 2-piece setup:

Later 1-piece setup, note how it doesn't end at the bottom of the fender:

Richard

Yukon Territory

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I personally prefer the Gmc grill I think it looks more truck like . I used a complete front bumper assembly, there are quite a few pieces for the bumper best to get a complete one. Oem hood and two aftermarket fenders couldn't find non rusty Oem ones, factory grill shell and 3 brackets that bolt to the original radiator support. The center bracket is different depending on which grill you run Cadillac or Denali, and a set of aftermarket headlights. The only thing to consider is how you want to deal with the fender flares. Mine is getting full cladding and cut down running boards to fit a two door Yukon.