C1500, Adding more lift possible?

Is it possible to suspension lift a C1500 more than the 6 inch spindle lift?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FarmTrok

Reaction score
The main point of this is, how can i lift the front end more than the 6 inch spindle lift already on?

I currently have a 6 inch rough country spindle lift on my 92 silverado 2WD. I am wanting to lift it more it is just not as big as i am wanting.

I put a 1.5 inch coil spring spacer in and got an alignment. Highly do not recommend, the camber was terrible the shop said it couldn’t be fixed. I took those out a couple days later.

I'm wanting to put a few more inches up front. There is a 2 inch coil spring lift kit from rough country i could put on but i don't want me tires to go / \ again. How can i avoid this? Do i need extended upper control arms? Do i have to lower the cross member?

I know i could put a 3 inch body lift on, but I'm not a big fan of body lifts..

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Rough Country does not make a 6" spindle lift. It's a 4" spindle with 2" lift coils. Adding another 1.5" on top of that... no wonder it wouldn't align.

However, removing the knockouts and adding a cam bolt kit to the UCAs should help with alignments. I don't know of any extended controls arms that aren't discontinued.

You could track down a 7.5" fabtech, which I believe has been discontinued for a few years now, and remove the rough country lift. that'll give you another 1.5" but good luck finding one.

A few companies make 6"-15" lifts but those are $$$$. An sas can be done cheaper.

A body lift is really the only other option you have if you want to axe the sas idea.

93chevyluvr

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i was wodering if I could have any suggestions on fitting 35s on my 93 c1500 without a body lift. I have already installed a 6in rough country system on it. any tips?

Last edited:

wiscomick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Only way you're getting that 2WD up farther than the 4" spindle lift and keep it alignable is with a body lift, SAS, or a ridiculously expensive long-travel kit. Spring spacers or harder springs are only going to push the arms down farther making the truck camber out and ride like ****.

If you want bigger than what you have, it's time for a ton of work or buying a 4WD so you can buy bigger lifts.

1800AskMatt

Reaction score
Rough Country does not make a 6" spindle lift. It's a 4" spindle with 2" lift coils. Adding another 1.5" on top of that... no wonder it wouldn't align.

However, removing the knockouts and adding a cam bolt kit to the UCAs should help with alignments. I don't know of any extended controls arms that aren't discontinued.

You could track down a 7.5" fabtech, which I believe has been discontinued for a few years now, and remove the rough country lift. that'll give you another 1.5" but good luck finding one.

A few companies make 6"-15" lifts but those are $$$$. An sas can be done cheaper.

A body lift is really the only other option you have if you want to axe the sas idea.
What is SAS?