C-notch ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rooster98

Reaction score
If you use 4” lowered leaf springs with 2” shackle, do you have to notch the frame?
Thanks

Frank Enstein

Best. Day. EVER!
Reaction score
I recommend at least 3" of travel before you hit the bump stops. It will ride very rough if you don't.

So probably yes, unless you have 9+ inches now before the stop.

arrg

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you use 4” lowered leaf springs with 2” shackle, do you have to notch the frame?
Thanks
I have this setup on mine, but I have the shackles in the 1" hole. No C-notch. It hits the bumpstops a lot. If you have any weight in the back, it's on the bumpstops constantly.

bobby v

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Mine is flipped with 3" shackles and 1" blocks, figure its about a 9" drop all told. I had the underbed/over frame C notch done with small bump stops leaving about 3" of travel which is OK unless I hit deep dips or bumps then it bottoms out, price you pay to look cool

qwikgta

Reaction score
No, I have 4" leafs and 2" shackle and no "C" notch. I only hit frame when I have a motor or something very heavy in the bed.