Bypass o2 sensors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is the transmission slipping at 30 mph? Why would it "revs up and down for a few seconds" if you're (theoretically) still accelerating to 120mph on your private road?
I think he means cruising at 30mph. If it revs up then down then back up to get to 120mph then hes got a big time shifting issue lol

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm still wrapping my head around being able to do, or wanting to do, 120 mph in a pickup truck. Is there some kind of speed limiter on these trucks?

Question: how do you know you're achieving 120mph with an 85mph speedometer?

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm still wrapping my head around being able to do, or wanting to do, 120 mph in a pickup truck. Is there some kind of speed limiter on these trucks?

Question: how do you know you're achieving 120mph with an 85mph speedometer?
Vortec 5.7 should be 95/97mph limited from factory. Although needle will touch 100mph that's inaccurate lol. Yes you'll have to get it programmed to achieve faster speeds. Unless the tune disabled the limiter. For example my burb is programmed for 140mph. But it will bog down to 135mph before the transmission kicks back in to hit up 140. If I wanted I could of had it tuned so at 140 it stayed running at 140 and never bogging down..... btw never hit 140mph it's just programmed for it. So not by any means promoting faster speeds on a gmt400:)

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I suppose you could glance down at your phone, WAZE app will give accurate speed. When BlackBear Performance tuned my pcm they ask if you want speed limit removed. I personally declined, I’ve only had it up to 85 once or twice. And my truck has reasonably low miles at 55k. 120 is cringeworthy on a 24 year old truck even on a driveway.
You must be registered for see images attach

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I suppose you could glance down at your phone, WAZE app will give accurate speed. When BlackBear Performance tuned my pcm they ask if you want speed limit removed. I personally declined, I’ve only had it up to 85 once or twice. And my truck has reasonably low miles at 55k. 120 is cringeworthy on a 24 year old truck even on a driveway.
You must be registered for see images attach
Yeah I agree unless the suspension or front end has been done to handle higher speeds it's better to take your time and cruise. As for anything faster then my odometer I actually plug in my scanner and it will record my speed and display the mph live. I wish an aftermarket company would make a factory guage like the ppv guage but be brand new and also customizable.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
My speed limiter is set to somewhere around 200 MPH. I have had my truck well over 100 MPH, more times than I can count. These trucks have no issues handling high speeds. That being said, my truck is in pristine condition. Also I am not doing these speeds in traffic, unless everyone is doing the same thing. Try driving in Houston TX. If your not doing at least 90, you'll get run over. You can drive fast, with out being reckless, as long as your vehicle is in good condition. It amazes me, just how well these trucks do handel speeds up, and over 100 MPH, or at least mine does anyway.