Busted T47 seat belt bolts....

Discussion in 'OEM and Custom Interiors' started by AK49BWL, Apr 10, 2021.

1. Supercharged111

Supercharged111 I'm Awesome

Nothing wrong with an allen wrench. If you need more leverage, just slide a socket with extension over the end for a cheater bar.

And all you guys cutting your fingers with knives need to up your game. I whacked a couple fingertips back in January with an electric wood planer.

PXL_20210111_082552384.jpg

Those m'fers don't play. They eat flesh as efficiently as they do wood, maybe even more so. Luckily, fingertips grow back.

PXL_20210408_225654222.jpg

The fingernail bed just keeps going and going. At first I thought I was gonna end up with a strong hand.

15206679.jpg

thegawd and PlayingWithTBI like this.
  2. PlayingWithTBI

PlayingWithTBI Desert Old Guy

Yeah, I did it on a router table when I was doing raised panels, with a 3" diameter bit, for doors and drawers. My wife passed out and my daughter helped me tape it up, LOL.

HotWheelsBurban likes this.
  3. Supercharged111

Mine only briefly hurt with the stitches, otherwise strangely no pain. Yours?

4. PlayingWithTBI

Not much, I didn't go in for stitches I just kept it taped up with a butterfly bandage. Mine wasn't as bad as yours but it looked bad before cleaning it up. Just took a while to stop the bleeding. Nowhere near as bad as when I severed the tip of my big toe off in a potato bulker (digger) disc blade. It tore the tip off and shattered the bone but, didn't even tear my tennis shoe, LOL. Now my big toe is shorter than the 2nd one. Stupid should hurt, and that one did! :Big Laugh:

HotWheelsBurban and thegawd like this.
  5. Supercharged111

Yeah I got off lucky. I jumped and yelled "shit shit shit!". Ran inside and hung my hand over the kitchen sink. The bleeding slowed quick, just like when I sliced my thumb early 2020 and got into the muscle. But with the amount of meat I sacrificed I knew a trip to the ER was in order. With the thumb I just taped it to my pointer finger for a week and the wound stayed shut. Was sensitive for a bit but I didn't have to give a safety brief like I eventually will for the fingertips. An ER trip triggers that so I try to avoid it when I can.

6. GoToGuy

GoToGuy OBS Enthusiast

Holy cra.... If your not focussed on your job or the task your on.. I saw guys stepping over a 6 inch pressurized hose to start the jets on the carrier working on the flight deck. 1st rule of flight deck don't step over pressurized start hose! And out in Pacific hot southern turn into wind "Start all aircraft" . This Greenshirt (colored shirts where you work) steps over the hose starting an A6 Prowler. I'm 20 ft. away just as steps over BOOM, the hose splits the pressurized side whacks him in the crotch and lifts him 8 maybe 10 ft in air blam back on steel deck hits head and shoulder. Screaming bloody murder. Shortcuts are like Russian Roulette.

7. Supercharged111

Lessons learned the hard way resonate the loudest. Lessons learned the hard way on the behalf of others are especially useful.

8. PlayingWithTBI

Really? Did they just start that? Where do you have to give a safety brief?

9. sewlow

sewlow Bitchin' Stitchin'

I once dropped a car on my right hand @ 60mph. Feb. 1, 1980. Between buddy's head & the road.
    150' upside down, across 3 lanes of traffic.
    Not wearing seat belts, in a Triumph Spitfire with no roll bar.
    We'd already slid 150' on the side before it went full turtle.
    I saw it coming & shoved sleeping bud's head down between his knees.
    They had to cut my school ring in 4 places to get it off.
    I learned how to do upholstery after. Only my thumb & 1.5 fingers actually work kinda-sorta normal.

10. alpinecrick

alpinecrick I'm Awesome

So Evil......
    Which one of these two are used in GMT400's?