Build a hypothetical 3500HD.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smdk2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
LOL, I was thinking the same thing but thought it might be too soon.
Eh it isn't to soon. I'm to the point of joking about it. It sucks that it happens and will make my work life harder but life will go on and I'll get my stuff back that I lost at some point. On a serious note I have no idea what will happen to what is left of the truck. I don't know if it will go to the local treasure yard or direct to the crusher. The only thing I think are still good are the axles an engine/trans and tcase so it is hard to tell where it will go. Bad thing is it only had just over 56k on it. Still had lots of life even though it was a Ford.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Eh it isn't to soon. I'm to the point of joking about it. It sucks that it happens and will make my work life harder but life will go on and I'll get my stuff back that I lost at some point. On a serious note I have no idea what will happen to what is left of the truck. I don't know if it will go to the local treasure yard or direct to the crusher. The only thing I think are still good are the axles an engine/trans and tcase so it is hard to tell where it will go. Bad thing is it only had just over 56k on it. Still had lots of life even though it was a Ford.

I wonder if they'll let you buy it back for 10% of book like a car?

smdk2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I wonder if they'll let you buy it back for 10% of book like a car?
Thats a good question. I don't know especially since it was a company truck. If some one here are truly interested in parts I can see what I can do about possibly getting ahold of what's left. Truck had a 6.7 PSD 6 speed auto. When I looked everything firewall forward looked ok both fuel tanks ok. Other then that everything is crispy. Sorry Skylark for hijacking your thread.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thats a good question. I don't know especially since it was a company truck. If some one here are truly interested in parts I can see what I can do about possibly getting ahold of what's left. Truck had a 6.7 PSD 6 speed auto. When I looked everything firewall forward looked ok both fuel tanks ok. Other then that everything is crispy. Sorry Skylark for hijacking your thread.
No hijack! It is providing interesting ideas that relate to the ideas. Ever since F550 axles were mentioned I've been thinking that they are a really good option.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I just went to Ford's website and didn't see a 4wd option for a 550. I wonder if there are certain years to watch out for? Don't forget the 450 got 10 lugs as well, depending on the year of course.

smdk2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No hijack! It is providing interesting ideas that relate to the ideas. Ever since F550 axles were mentioned I've been thinking that they are a really good option.
They are massive lol. They make a 14bolt look like a 10 bolt. I never had a problem with the in the 56k miles i drove on them. That truck averaged 12-13k pounds on the rear axle on a daily basis. I don't remember what you where guessing you weight would be im sure that it wasn't going to be that much on just one axle. The springs where a little on the light side as it sagged a bit in the rear. But I couldn't get the higher ups talked into some airbags.

smdk2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just went to Ford's website and didn't see a 4wd option for a 550. I wonder if there are certain years to watch out for? Don't forget the 450 got 10 lugs as well, depending on the year of course.
The one i had burn up was a 2019. Maybe they dropped the 4wd option due to parts shortage.
*edit*
If you go to the build your own or what ever they call it you can spec one with 4wd.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Son of a gun! I found a 98 3500hd about 3 hours north of us with a dead 6.5 (shocker!), rebuilt tranny, dual tanks but no bed for $1000 but I don't have a way to pull $1000 out of the bank on a weekend.

No debit card? I know many ATMs have a $500 limit but you could hit two of them.