Build a hypothetical 3500HD.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
True except for turning circle. My current concern is that the truck is 23' long including the liftgate and we're going to be adding another 3'. That is a butt ton of truck! I believe that we'll most likely do a 9' bed and keep the wheelbase (should be 190ish) and without the camper the truck will be about 22'.
Yup turning circle can be a BIG problem on the long boys! Pun intended! We've been learning that with Rawhide; there's lots of places we could go with the Burb that 21 feet of truck ain't gonna fit. And with a camper you'll be adding width too!

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had an SSDiesel tuned PCM that I threw in the 3500hd. I have to say that I'm impressed! I wish that I'd done before and after times but for a 9000 pound truck (with the wife and I in it) it suddenly is spunky at lower speeds. One could almost close their eyes and it would feel like a tbi 350 up to 40 mph or so or when you crashed, whichever comes first.

I did take some times just because I was so surprised, 0-40 7.8 seconds and 0-60 in 16.4 seconds. It still tops out at 13psi so I can understand the slow time between 40-60 but it does feel stronger in the butt dyno.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I figure Calendar dates would be a better measure?
I hope my 6.5L will be a little punchier with the manual wastegate and a 15 bar MAP to start with; I've got an HX35 to swap in and I'll probably get a Quadstar tune once I do that.
Higher boost on a stock 6.5 with its TTY head bolts and it's headgaskets? You like to party!

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Higher boost on a stock 6.5 with its TTY head bolts and it's headgaskets? You like to party!
I've only got it set at 10 pounds right now; I've talked to a few different people and it seems these trucks with the factory turbo will hold 15 pounds stock but that's about the limit for the GM8.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I figure Calendar dates would be a better measure?
I hope my 6.5L will be a little punchier with the manual wastegate and a 15 bar MAP to start with; I've got an HX35 to swap in and I'll probably get a Quadstar tune once I do that.

15 bar?! You do like to party!