Broken passenger side OEM bucket seat.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

davbell22602

1997 Chevy Silverado 4x4
Reaction score
The other day I used the lever on the side of the passenger side seat and leaned the backside of the seat all the way as far as it would go to haul some stuff through the back window.

After unloading what was being hauled I bring the back side of the back up and now all it does swing wont latch to stay in place. The whole seat wont stay in place either when sliding it forward or backwards too.

1997 K1500 Ext. cab

Last edited:

Fobroader

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
THeres a bolt on the latching mechanism that broke on mine and it did the same thing. Got a new bolt and nut from a bolt supply place and the seat is as good as new.

Reaction score
bump!!! instead making new thread ill bump this one, i really need my seat fixed now! any ideas

James Hart

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Bumping an old thread for some assistance in a similar issue...

1993 K1500 Blazer, passenger side bucket won't stay upright.

This bolt is loose... what does it connect to underneath the seat?
You must be registered for see images attach

and how do I get this lever off so I can put the latch cover off?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Chris.G.Jr.

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Bumping an old thread for some assistance in a similar issue...

1993 K1500 Blazer, passenger side bucket won't stay upright.

This bolt is loose... what does it connect to underneath the seat?

and how do I get this lever off so I can put the latch cover off?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

look in hole on handle should be a screw. undo it and it should slide off with a light pull, ive removed my seats and handles multiple times before not too hard

as for the op, my passenger seat sometimes does this as well when i pull the handle on the side of the seat to roll it forward so people can get in the back sometimes push it back and just the back part latches so the seat still slides.......usually all i do it pull the handle to release the back of the seat forward and then give it a more effort push to roll it back and it usually latches.