Breaking yard etiquette. Discussion debate personal views please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tommy1234

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Junkyards are the best place for wires to be honest. Think of it if you go to the store and try to get a spool a while it's gonna cost money. Most yards would not charge you much maybe pennies for a Hank of wire that you need for your projects. The thing is try not to butcher hack the other vehicles. Or if you're going to butcher hack the wiring get one from a vehicle that has the harness damage somewhere

caw_86

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lucky
Junkyards are the best place for wires to be honest. Think of it if you go to the store and try to get a spool a while it's gonna cost money. Most yards would not charge you much maybe pennies for a Hank of wire that you need for your projects. The thing is try not to butcher hack the other vehicles. Or if you're going to butcher hack the wiring get one from a vehicle that has the harness damage somewhere
lucky for us, 99% of dash removers chop the wiring harness at the firewall

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Went to the U Pull And Pay yard on Thursday. They finally got a crew cab in, I'm checking it out, and some jerkweed broke EVERY PIECE of the cab trim getting the headliner out.....this truck is a Cheyenne version of my CCLB (97 ,C3500, L31 Vortec 5.7) and those pieces were about all the the poor beat to **** thing had to offer.....it was blue(white truck blue interior) but the plastic parts coulda been repainted!
I want spares for when I get around to replacing Rawhide's headliner, since all those bits are 4 door pickup exclusive and not available in the aftermarket.....first CC they've had since the spring.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Went to the U Pull And Pay yard on Thursday. They finally got a crew cab in, I'm checking it out, and some jerkweed broke EVERY PIECE of the cab trim getting the headliner out.....this truck is a Cheyenne version of my CCLB (97 ,C3500, L31 Vortec 5.7) and those pieces were about all the the poor beat to **** thing had to offer.....it was blue(white truck blue interior) but the plastic parts coulda been repainted!
I want spares for when I get around to replacing Rawhide's headliner, since all those bits are 4 door pickup exclusive and not available in the aftermarket.....first CC they've had since the spring.
Yup I was pretty PO'd myself....that stuff is super hard to find!

Blad

Reaction score
I use it as labor practice for when i go put it on mine. If i didnt break anything taking it off i wont break anything on my truck. If i do break something now ile know what not to do so i dont break mine

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I use it as labor practice for when i go put it on mine. If i didnt break anything taking it off i wont break anything on my truck. If i do break something now ile know what not to do so i dont break mine

The guy I sold my Saturn to actually had something like that in mind. Parts, sure, but also sort of a practice car.

Tommy1234

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Plus some of the aftermarket stuff is Fisher price quality (talking about some coverlay products)
Haven't looked into tmi interior parts even though on paper they seem nice (also costly) .
Again I try not to trash anything in a yard unless it is the last/only option.