Brake pulsation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shorepatrol

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
New rotors ( Bosch ) new pads ( wagner thermoquiet ) new calipers ( orlielys ) new front brake lines. Good pedal. Had real noticeable rear wheel hop after install. Took it to the shop, they said warped rotors and drums. They turned all of them. Wheel hop gone but bigtime brake pedal pulse. I had the fuse pulled for the anti lock brakes. Put the fuse back in and no more pulse. WTF.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Sounds like warped drums. Should have bought new instead of turning. Warped drums and rotors, pad deposits, or runout out of spec are the only things I'm aware of that could cause a pulsing pedal.

nhyrum

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I second warped drums. Mine were so warped they were unturnable. Getting new rotors too, cause, of course, they're warped too

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
When I had an ABS sensor going bad in the front, I pulled the fuse. I noticed that it was very easy for me to lock up the rear brakes. The ABS seems to handle the proportioning. I'd guess that now that you have the ABS working again, it's lessoning the pressure going to the rear so that you don't feel the pulsing.

shorepatrol

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wheel hop and pulsation came back pretty quick. I said the hell with it and replaced everything for the rear brakes since it's not that expensive. Turns out I had a sticking wheel cylinder and or a bad hose. Solved the drag clunk at a stop too. They were sticking bad. Now just to get a good brake system flush and bleed. I'm paying to have that done. I can live with 80 bucks