Brake pedal height

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TagAllen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wow. That is bigger then I guessed it would be. It looks like the bolt holes are not perfectly in line. So I take it that bolts to the firewall then the booster bolts to it. I thought it was going to be more like a spacer and it would have the booster bolts run through it then through the fire wall.

Dubs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wow. That is bigger then I guessed it would be. It looks like the bolt holes are not perfectly in line. So I take it that bolts to the firewall then the booster bolts to it. I thought it was going to be more like a spacer and it would have the booster bolts run through it then through the fire wall.

The booster bolts to one side of the bracket then the firewall bolts to the other. If you're doing it by yourself bolt the booster to the bracket then put your brake rod through and the top bolts through the firewall and it'll hang so you can walk around and get under the dash to put the nuts on. The top nuts are a ***** and way up under the dash

TagAllen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My glove box tag says I have jb5 brakes. I wonder if that makes a difference on the spacer. May end up going to the JY to find one. Or stacking a bunch of washers.

Dubs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My glove box tag says I have jb5 brakes. I wonder if that makes a difference on the spacer. May end up going to the JY to find one. Or stacking a bunch of washers.
Have you put a flat bar across your brake pedal and with a tape measure, measure the distance from the gas pedal to that bar off the break pedal?

TagAllen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
no. probably should. I do know that other GMT 400 I had were not like this. I have had people refuse to drive it.

Dubs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Tuff stuff and others make the brackets by themselves. Just look on summit, jegs, lmc.

96z71sas

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm 6"4 and I can't eavn have steering wheel down I have to bend leg sideways so just add a spacer no way to ajust pedal height I guess huh