Brake pedal height

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TagAllen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
On my 95 c1500 2wd my brake pedal is way to hi. The brakes feel fine. It has been this way since I had it. I am not tall and my knee hits the wheel when pulling up to hit the brakes. The brake sits so hi the steering column mount keeps it from going higher. I have stuck my head under there and see that the clip that holds the sensor to the pedal has been replaced with a small hose clamp. So I know someone has been in it before I owned the truck. What did they most likely mess up? Is there an adjustment I don't see?

Dubs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
On my 95 c1500 2wd my brake pedal is way to hi. The brakes feel fine. It has been this way since I had it. I am not tall and my knee hits the wheel when pulling up to hit the brakes. The brake sits so hi the steering column mount keeps it from going higher. I have stuck my head under there and see that the clip that holds the sensor to the pedal has been replaced with a small hose clamp. So I know someone has been in it before I owned the truck. What did they most likely mess up? Is there an adjustment I don't see?

Is the spacer between the firewall and break booster? Can you take a pic of the brake booster from above so the picture showed the top of the cylinder and the mounting point at the firewall?

TagAllen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Dubs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's your problem. There should be about a 2.5 to 3" bracket spacer there. Looks like a big square style u with bolt holes on either side. Google brake booster bracket for your year truck. They're all the same 88-98

Dubs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
4751a7 part number. Not sure if this is the right part number but itll show you what you need

TagAllen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Have a picture of one installed? I cant find one for a 95 c1500 either.

Dubs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I do not have a pic of one installed. I can get a pic of the bracket when I get home. Mine is the same way but I took the bracket off cause I'm an idiot. I'm putting it back on when I get time.

Dubs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I do not have a pic of one installed. I can get a pic of the bracket when I get home. Mine is the same way but I took the bracket off cause I'm an idiot. I'm putting it back on when I get time.

Third pic is the side that goes toward the brake booster