Brake lines

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pinger

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The AGS brand NiCopp tubing I bought, came with a small bag of those flare nuts, as shown in the photo in post 19.
Yours is such a different colour from copper I believe yours is genuine nickel copper (known as Cunifer here).
The Amazon photo has that rich copper colour and - deceptively - appears to be that throughout when looking at the cut end. In my hand, the coating is copper and the steel is obvious when cut. A magnet confirms very high steel content.

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
I did rear brake lines on my winter beater Blazer last fall with that Amazon crap and I just confirmed its rusting already after 1 winter.

It did flare ok though, and it bent like NiCopp. So I dont know what they have in them?

Pinger

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I did rear brake lines on my winter beater Blazer last fall with that Amazon crap and I just confirmed its rusting already after 1 winter.
That's my concern - that it will rust where the copper coating gets scratched. The very reason I chose copper nickel was to avoid rust.
It did flare ok though, and it bent like NiCopp. So I dont know what they have in them?
Straight from Amazon's listing:
''
  • 【Rust-Resistance Material】 the brake line tubing is made of steel zinc and copper nickel material, which is durable, good performance, rust and corrosion resistance.''
Not really what ''Copper Nickel'' emblazoned as the listing's headline implies....

Boots97

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm not using "rental tools". I'm using a Mastercool hydraulic unit.

Had great results with normal steel tubing, but couldn't get the NiCopp to flare decently.

I used to use genuine Imperial Eastman flaring/swaging tools, but they don't get out of the tool box since I bought the Mastercool system.

You must be registered for see images attach

Similar to my Mastercool set, but a newer version:
www.amazon.com/MASTERCOOL-72485-PRC-Universal-Hydraulic-Transmission/dp/B06WD86RLH/ref=sr_1_3?crid=1L8AAUKANDDR9
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
You must be registered for see images attach

I should perhaps try the Eastman set on the NiCopp and see what happens.

Thanks anyway.

You have a far nicer set of flaring tools than I do. Like I said, patience is the big key. I screwed up flaring NiCopp so many times when I first tried it and I've learned to be slow and patient and I can end up with some decent flares. Some even look as good as the preferred stuff if I'm lucky.

Boots97

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A lesser error than getting the material wrong. Amazon describes its offering as 'copper nickel' but is copper coated steel - and described by Amazon as 'pipe'.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I'm really sorry man, but there's a ton of junk "copper nickel" brake lines out there. Unfortunately Amazon is a big seller of this junk line. I was aware of this and made sure to buy my NiCopp off of American Grease Stick's website. I'm not sure if they offer international shipping though.