Brake line burst

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JPVortex

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hello, I had the brake line from the abs valve to the rear burst on me today. I only lost fluid in the small reservoir section for the rears inside of the master cylinder. My question for bench bleeding is if I keep all the fluid for the fronts in there, will I only need to bench bleed the rear part of the resevoir? Or did air make it's way into the front section too?

Schimpfy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Are you referring to the line that runs along the frame rail near the tank? I just had mine burst today as well and if we're having the same issue I don't want to start a new thread.

tpass

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
no they are separated front/rear exactly for the problem you are experiencing now.

JPVortex

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Are you referring to the line that runs along the frame rail near the tank? I just had mine burst today as well and if we're having the same issue I don't want to start a new thread.
Yep that one! Goes right next to the tank to the hose that separates to the 2 rears.

JPVortex

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My repair for it is because the half the line is still good(after the union) I'm keeping that there, I flared the end of it, put a union in and am going to bring new line up to the front to the ABS valve.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You shouldn't need to bench bleed it, it's already bled. Just install new line and bleed that.

I only lost fluid in the small reservoir section for the rears inside of the master cylinder.
Yeah, needs to be bled to get the air out of the section of the master cylinder that supplies fluid to the rear brakes.

JPVortex

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You shouldn't need to bench bleed it, it's already bled. Just install new line and bleed that.
Well the master cylinder was run dry on the rear part of the resevoir when it all leaked from the line, wouldn't that require a bench bleed?

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
my 97 did when the rear blew out and ran dry, it also took out the master cylinder, so whole system needed bleeding, including the ABS unit.