Braded steel brake lines

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Mine had spring clips holding the original hoses on. I was under the assumption that these werent needed, and the E clips were the replacements. So am i supposed to use the spring clips over along with rhe E clips ?

The e-clip goes on one side of the bracket and the spring clip fits in the groove that is on the other side of the bracket. The old lines would have both as well, unless you have something other than what I have.

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The line kit i have is made by Russell performance products. I will look at it closer. Says its for 88-98 C1500. Thank you for the information. For now my modded brackets got a fresh cost of black paint , and are hanging up drying. I will look at it all again tomorrow evening.

Last edited:

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
The line kit i have is made by Russell performance products. I will look at it closer. Says its for 88-98 C1500. Thank you for the information. For now my modded brackets got a fresh cost of black paint , and are hanging up drying. I will look at it all again tomorrow evening.

I just looked at them on Summit's website... I have no idea why they're giving you what looks like giant e-clips. My OEM replacement lines have an eclip that would be on the hose side of the bracket, and I use the factory spring clip on the hardline side of the bracket. The groove where the spring clip goes is wide, and the Russell lines also look to have that wide groove, but instead of the e-clip on the hose side they have a hex. I think I would use the factory spring clips instead of those big e-clips. The spring clips take slop out of the mounting since they keep pressure on the hose. E-clips are not capable of doing that.

If you need new spring clips, I think they can be had at the autoparts store. I still have my originals, Though.

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok cool. Makes sense. I tried to install them with what they came with. Not happy about the looseness. My spring clips are in good shape, i will stick those back in and remove the E clips. I think the hex is there just to tighten the hard lines B nut without the flex line turning. I think the stock flex lines have a flat index on them so they dont turn in the bracket. I could be wrong about that though.

I will get more pix after i hook up the A arm brackets and make sure the lines still have enough slack.

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got the spring clips back in, tightened em right up. "thanks 454cid", and hooked up the brake line A arm brackets and Adel clamps. Nothing looks kinked, i am sure they will be ok once i put it back on the ground. Another setback, Now i need a rebuild kit for my mityvac.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for the kudos on the line brackets, now my mityvac isnt cooperating. I have had this thing for almost forever. I found a rebuild kit for it on evilbay, along with a new vacuum gage. The original gage it came with was kinda cheap. Its gotten a bit effed up over the years.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the kudos on the line brackets, now my mityvac isnt cooperating. I have had this thing for almost forever. I found a rebuild kit for it on evilbay, along with a new vacuum gage. The original gage it came with was kinda cheap. Its gotten a bit effed up over the years.

1. Have you ever put a couple of drops of oil in the back of the Mityvac to lube the bore and seal?

2. If you pull it apart, you're likely to find that the check valve at the front is a Holley rubber umbrella-style accelerator pump check valve. My Mityvac is similar but not exactly the same, and it didn't work worth a crap when I got it. Wouldn't hold vacuum reliably. Sometimes it would, usually it wouldn't. I dug out my carb-parts assortment, found a Holley check-valve, and it's been fine ever since.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/qft-23-2qft

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yep, going to take it apart, and clean it all up. I have an O ring lubricant called DC33. Will use that. I like to get out there in the morning and get started. Wife wanted to go food shopping, so i was home w my 6 year old. By the time she got back i was like **** it, maybe i will deal with it tomorrow. I did get some new bleeder screws for the calipers this afternoon though. Thanks for the heads up on the accelerator pump valve. I will look it over. I had taken it apart a number of years ago and rebuilt it back then. Its not really hard to do.

Last edited: