Bowtie Brody's Namesake 96 454

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The truck is earning it's keep! Load of rock last weekend, a little over 3 yards I think. It's time for air-bags and maybe a Hellwig overload.
Next weekend, it's a hefty load off to the dump and maybe another load of gravel so I can finish putting rock down in my workshop.
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well, it's time to put this thing to the test. Going to be pulling the camper about a half hour to the Charlotte Motor Speedway to go camping! Not much of a big test considering I'll be making a 4 hour haul down to Myrtle Beach sometime next spring.
I think I've got the misfire figured out, I think the cap is arcing between wires once it gets some heat built up after driving, I know that the AC Delco cap I put in last time I had it tuned up is probably just about shot.

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well, it's time to put this thing to the test. Going to be pulling the camper about a half hour to the Charlotte Motor Speedway to go camping! Not much of a big test considering I'll be making a 4 hour haul down to Myrtle Beach sometime next spring.
I think I've got the misfire figured out, I think the cap is arcing between wires once it gets some heat built up after driving, I know that the AC Delco cap I put in last time I had it tuned up is probably just about shot.

Watching the Roval race this weekend?

I have actually done a lap at Charlotte - it was to see the Christmas light display. May have been the slowest lap ever there.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Watching the Roval race this weekend?

I have actually done a lap at Charlotte - it was to see the Christmas light display. May have been the slowest lap ever there.
Yup! I've taken my truck on the track for the Christmas light show 3 years in a row now; my favorite thing is to get as high on the bank as possible.
Not very easy when your max speed is 45 before catching back up to the line of cars.

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yup! I've taken my truck on the track for the Christmas light show 3 years in a row now; my favorite thing is to get as high on the bank as possible.
Not very easy when your max speed is 45 before catching back up to the line of cars.

You are lucky!

Mangonesailor

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
your max speed is 45 before

The trick is to time your exit...

I hit 80-ish in my '70 Galaxie on my way out.... they give you a limit but what're they going to do... kidnap you?

Maybe an ignition tune-up is in order?

Oh, and get some insulated spark plug boots when you get your headers on (maybe some silicone hi-temp wires too?)

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The trick is to time your exit...

I hit 80-ish in my '70 Galaxie on my way out.... they give you a limit but what're they going to do... kidnap you?

Maybe an ignition tune-up is in order?

Oh, and get some insulated spark plug boots when you get your headers on (maybe some silicone hi-temp wires too?)

I'll have to remember that come Christmas time,
I have JBA silicone wires specifically made for the headers, but I plan to get some good boots to go over them as extra protection.
Definitely going to throw a cap, rotor, wires and plugs at it sometime this weekend. Then later on down the road I'll swap the billet dizzy and big injectors in.