Bowtie Brody's Namesake 96 454

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Yeah it's retarded, my driveshaft takes a bath every time. If I were less lazy, I could bend a scrap of sheet metal to sit on top of it for draining, but so far I've always just hosed it off with carb cleaner and rotated it to keep the mess down to a dull roar.

Carb cleaner seems kinda harsh for the bearing cup seals. I've never done anything more than wipe the area with a rag.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Carb cleaner seems kinda harsh for the bearing cup seals. I've never done anything more than wipe the area with a rag.

If you don't get the oil to run off, it'll just stay and make a mess. Perhaps there are better solvents out there, but that's what I use.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
If you don't get the oil to run off, it'll just stay and make a mess. Perhaps there are better solvents out there, but that's what I use.

I guess I've never gone back underneath an looked at it later. After wiping, it's never bothered me. What does bother me, is that it goes about 3 different directions when I'm trying to catch it in a pan!

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

I used a Chemical Guy degreaser; worked great after a few minutes of high pressure water

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Howdy all; long time no chat.

Life has been absolutely insane between work and other projects; since I last posted here the house search is going as well as it can in the current market, got engaged, and bought a few basket cases.
Some pics taken at the Charlotte Motor Speedway from the Memorial Day race;
You must be registered for see images attach

I've been able to get a couple of small things accomplished with the truck, but unfortunately a few issues have made an appearance, I'll be tearing into it in the next week or two and getting it all dialed up. Nothing major, but still annoying.

Now for the brand used units!
2005 Polaris Sportsman 700 Twin; bought from my buddy for a song and now I'm in the process of rebuilding the suspension (my friend got it from his large uncle; 400 pounds large; so all the bushings are gone) and fixing a volley of other issues. All in time though, it runs great for what it is.

And up next is sort of an unofficial purchase, I still need to pay my brother for it.
2000 Chevy K3500 CCLB, SRW with a 6.5; my brother and I found this truck through a friend of his at a local junkyard we regularly go to, it was an impound truck that was towed by a city in the next county; someone put gas in it and going with an educated guess, it was parked out in the street or in the open while being worked on so the city came and picked it up.
We couldn't let it get stripped down, so with the help of my friend's father we were able to save it.
I'm going to start chipping away at it once I get some big ticket items knocked down on my 96, so hopefully soon.