Bowtie Brody's Namesake 96 454

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mangonesailor

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
His and my hesitation may be different reasons come to think of it.

He is using 19lb injectors. They are blue knights though. A guess would be they flow similar to stock when the voltage fluctuates. His I injector tables may need to be set. 5-0 should have data for this.

Mine wasn't so bad. I have 28lb LS1s. My hesitation was there, not bad though. I found a tune that has the correct injector data (I think from a 'vette or Cadillac), then changed injector timing from 6.5 to 7.06 (value straight out of a black box ECU for 454). Maybe small potatoes.

Looks like we just need logs to look at. Brody's is at 7.06 already.

Christian Steffen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
His and my hesitation may be different reasons come to think of it.

He is using 19lb injectors. They are blue knights though. A guess would be they flow similar to stock when the voltage fluctuates. His I injector tables may need to be set. 5-0 should have data for this.

Mine wasn't so bad. I have 28lb LS1s. My hesitation was there, not bad though. I found a tune that has the correct injector data (I think from a 'vette or Cadillac), then changed injector timing from 6.5 to 7.06 (value straight out of a black box ECU for 454). Maybe small potatoes.

Looks like we just need logs to look at. Brody's is at 7.06 already.
What is your boundary set at?

Christian Steffen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
From the stock 7.06?

**** I'm pretty sure the 0411 tune I started with had injection timing the normal table of 5.5 or something like that. I've gone up to 6.4 with a 6.6 boundary but it seemed like I was using more fuel. The wideband can be used to tune it. I have a calculator i found if anyone wants it.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
**** I'm pretty sure the 0411 tune I started with had injection timing the normal table of 5.5 or something like that. I've gone up to 6.4 with a 6.6 boundary but it seemed like I was using more fuel. The wideband can be used to tune it. I have a calculator i found if anyone wants it.

I think I'll take a hack at injector timing before horsing with transients on the 3500. It's sounding encouraging that I may be able to eliminate my hesitation without burning brain cells.