Bowtie Brody's Namesake 96 454

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Oh boy have I missed driving this thing.
First of all, 0411, totally worth it. It's astounding how crisp the throttle response is now, and what little power enrichment and other tuning @Mangonesailor did makes the truck pull so hard I don't know how it ever got out of it's own way with the black box, the fuel cutoff is a little more noticeable now than when I first started driving the truck but not near as bad as I thought it'd be.
I have to wrap up the wiring to the connectors a little more, it still looks atrocious, and I've got to loom and tuck the wire for the EGR so it looks somewhat factory.

It does bog a little under acceleration, but I'm about 75.7% sure it's because it's still got the dirty MAF off of my brother's Suburban, the fuel filter is past time for changing, and the air filter could probably be replaced too.

Mangonesailor

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oh boy have I missed driving this thing.
First of all, 0411, totally worth it. It's astounding how crisp the throttle response is now, and what little power enrichment and other tuning @Mangonesailor did makes the truck pull so hard I don't know how it ever got out of it's own way with the black box, the fuel cutoff is a little more noticeable now than when I first started driving the truck but not near as bad as I thought it'd be.
I have to wrap up the wiring to the connectors a little more, it still looks atrocious, and I've got to loom and tuck the wire for the EGR so it looks somewhat factory.

It does bog a little under acceleration, but I'm about 75.7% sure it's because it's still got the dirty MAF off of my brother's Suburban, the fuel filter is past time for changing, and the air filter could probably be replaced too.

Don't just thank me. Half of your tune is @Christian Steffen 's. You've got a blend of about 3 tunes in there. Your air filter looked fine (I blew mine out with compressed air after 30kmi... nothing came out...). Fuel filter likely, fuel pressure needs to be checked, and yeah... get the other MAF back on.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Don't just thank me. Half of your tune is @Christian Steffen 's. You've got a blend of about 3 tunes in there. Your air filter looked fine (I blew mine out with compressed air after 30kmi... nothing came out...). Fuel filter likely, fuel pressure needs to be checked, and yeah... get the other MAF back on.

My brother was blown away when I told him there was bits of 3 different tunes; and then blown away again when I spun tires leaving the neighborhood; my truck wouldn't do it before but his seems like it can torture his 33" mud tires at a moments notice.

The air filter I was probably going to just blow out, I definitely should check fuel pressure, I've also noticed my fuel pump is a lot louder, the fuel pump on the Suburban can barely be heard, but the pump in the old 454 C3500 we had was about the same volume wise.
I'm pretty sure the pump is the original one, I just hope the loudness of it isn't a death howl.

Mangonesailor

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My brother was blown away when I told him there was bits of 3 different tunes; and then blown away again when I spun tires leaving the neighborhood; my truck wouldn't do it before but his seems like it can torture his 33" mud tires at a moments notice.

Yeah, torque management has to be nearly completely disabled in our trucks for PE to work...

so I disabled torque management throughout the RPM range (set limit of how much torque should be demanded at 890+), which is my truck's setup. Maybe this is lazy? Wrong? IDK... But I spin tire real good now, like a 454 ought to.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
The tip in hesitation stems from being a 350 based tune. Now that I'm thinking about it, I should see about stealing the 8.1 transients. Derr. The 350 had much better injector placement so more of the fuel sprayed sticks to the walls when compared to the direct shot of the POS poppets on the 350.

Christian Steffen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The tip in hesitation stems from being a 350 based tune. Now that I'm thinking about it, I should see about stealing the 8.1 transients. Derr. The 350 had much better injector placement so more of the fuel sprayed sticks to the walls when compared to the direct shot of the POS poppets on the 350.

Trying 8.1 transients might be worth a shot, didn't think about trying that.

Mangonesailor

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Crap.

I think I forgot to change the injector timing to mine. This is how I got my tip in hesitation to go away.