Bowtie Brody's Namesake 96 454

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I've avoided wiring the running lights on mine because I don't feel like removing the door panels and fishing the harness through. Some day I'll do speakers and force my hand.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've avoided wiring the running lights on mine because I don't feel like removing the door panels and fishing the harness through. Some day I'll do speakers and force my hand.

It wasn't too hard, I bent up an old wire clothes hanger and hooked the wires on that to pull them through. I couldn't not wire them up, now if only I could get turn signals working,

Maroon96

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My plan was to wire the courtesy lights in the mirrors to the cargo light switch but I don't know which wires to tap into, same with the clearance lights and the dual function turn signals, does anyone know what wire colors I'll need to find?

I just put the same mirrors on not to long ago. The easiest way to find the turn signal wires is by pulling of the lower/knee panel and little metal piece behind it. Then you have plenty of room to check wires. The left turn signal should be a light blue wire and the right one a dark blue wire. For the rear facing lights, I plugged a female quick connect terminal into one of the pins in the under dash convenience center. It is next to the door chimer and only has power in reverse. I got the high output lights in the mirrors and led's in the taillights. It makes a huge difference and is definitely worth the money.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just put the same mirrors on not to long ago. The easiest way to find the turn signal wires is by pulling of the lower/knee panel and little metal piece behind it. Then you have plenty of room to check wires. The left turn signal should be a light blue wire and the right one a dark blue wire. For the rear facing lights, I plugged a female quick connect terminal into one of the pins in the under dash convenience center. It is next to the door chimer and only has power in reverse. I got the high output lights in the mirrors and led's in the taillights. It makes a huge difference and is definitely worth the money.

I actually ran wires out into the engine bay for the turn signals, but the weird thing is even with the wires connected I couldn't get the turn signals to go, I'm guessing I either didn't have enough wire exposed to make a connection or something.
I'm strongly considering the high output lights now too, I've got LED reverse lights and the ones in the mirrors would light up almost the entire area around the back side of the truck.

Not to mention providing some light in the event of some ******* who wants to tailgate...

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Cool tow mirrors. . . what do you pull again? :p

Nothing yet, but it'll be pulling a 22' enclosed trailer or a 21' car trailer before you know it.

And possibly a slide in camper in the bed....just have to find the right one for the right price.

And buy a house to keep all this **** parked at....

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Everything's working as it should be now. I do have a slight ground issue I need to resolve but it seems to be random.
Also threw on the Chevy grill to change it up, I love the GMC grill but just wanted a change.
You must be registered for see images attach
Goddamnit, I don't know what looks better, both grilles look great on your truck! :D I just swapped my Chevy grille to a GMC with billet insert on my 97, but thought about swapping back to Chevy grille once I saw this LOL.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Goddamnit, I don't know what looks better, both grilles look great on your truck! :D I just swapped my Chevy grille to a GMC with billet insert on my 97, but thought about swapping back to Chevy grille once I saw this LOL.

I loved the GMC grill, it was unique because there was probably only one other truck running around with a similar set up, a 3/4 ton Burb; but after looking at some of the old pictures of this thing I just wanted to throw the Chevy set up on,

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Hard to tell, but I finally got my CB whip mounted, I just need to run the coax cable and wire in the radio.