Bowtie Brody's Namesake 96 454

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's 14F here, wanna trade?

I'll take the freezing temps with the rain so maybe everything will freeze up and we get some snow; luckily the rain is supposed to stop this week. But it's going to be 40s for highs and 20s and possibly teens for lows.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I'll take the freezing temps with the rain so maybe everything will freeze up and we get some snow; luckily the rain is supposed to stop this week. But it's going to be 40s for highs and 20s and possibly teens for lows.

Ah, so you're not much better off than I am.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Yeah I'm with @Christian Steffen.

The high here in Iowa was only 7F, but up to -20F wind chill brrrrrrrrrr, continuing tomorrow as well. But we are finally going to get to 30F+ this weekend so hopefully the warmer air will stick around, then I can actually work on my truck without my hands and fingers freezing.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I'm slowly making progress at getting my parts list knocked down.
Got my Boost Auto K2XX mirrors in the other day, got one mounted and the wires ran; and holy **** I should've bought these the first time! I can actually adjust my passenger side mirror to where I can see out of it.
I'm going to get the driver's side mounted up tomorrow after work, I'd like to get them wired up but I'm not 100% sure how I'm going to do it.
My plan was to wire the courtesy lights in the mirrors to the cargo light switch but I don't know which wires to tap into, same with the clearance lights and the dual function turn signals, does anyone know what wire colors I'll need to find?

98chevy2500SS

Reaction score
1A Auto is another great place for tow mirrors, Trail Ridge brand, that's what I have on my 98 and work flawlessly. I read other people that bought cheap tow mirrors had countless issues with them.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
1A Auto is another great place for tow mirrors, Trail Ridge brand, that's what I have on my 98 and work flawlessly. I read other people that bought cheap tow mirrors had countless issues with them.

I was a little hesitant about shelling out $300 for mirrors, but honestly these are nicer than the Chinese direct ones I had on before, I'll look into the 1A mirrors for my dad's truck, he wants to get rid of the chrome ones, too gaudy for his tastes.

98chevy2500SS

Reaction score
I was a little hesitant about shelling out $300 for mirrors, but honestly these are nicer than the Chinese direct ones I had on before, I'll look into the 1A mirrors for my dad's truck, he wants to get rid of the chrome ones, too gaudy for his tastes.
Does he have the newer style tow mirrors with chrome?

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Does he have the newer style tow mirrors with chrome?

Nope, his are the fully chrome GMT800 mirrors.

----------
Well, almost there. Just need to get the turn signals figured out and I'll be satisfied.
You must be registered for see images attach

I tied into the headlight switch for running lights and found the lead for the cargo light and tapped into that, I'm thinking now I'll need to go to the high-output lights from Boost Auto now, between my Cree reverse lights and the mirror lights, I'll be able to light up all the way around the back side of the truck.