Bowtie Brody's Namesake 96 454

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mangonesailor

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm 30 and all I have to say is: Keep your back in good shape. Lift, exercise, whatever you have to do to keep that thing up. You can go on with a sore hand... but your back/core needs to last more than a days work.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I'm 30 and all I have to say is: Keep your back in good shape. Lift, exercise, whatever you have to do to keep that thing up. You can go on with a sore hand... but your back/core needs to last more than a days work.

Yeah, ship tried sailing on me there last year. It's not cool. I'm not even sure how it happened, I'm not exactly a ******. I'll be battling that the rest of my life. For now I'm still healthy enough to stay active enough to keep it at Bay but I suspect when I'm older that'll cause more issues. Most people with back problems though tend to be overweight so don't go that route either.

cool_as_crap

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah, ship tried sailing on me there last year. It's not cool. I'm not even sure how it happened, I'm not exactly a ******. I'll be battling that the rest of my life. For now I'm still healthy enough to stay active enough to keep it at Bay but I suspect when I'm older that'll cause more issues. Most people with back problems though tend to be overweight so don't go that route either.
Gotta remember not to stand up too fast :doh2:

Mangonesailor

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Yeah, bad backs are common on my mother's side, I don't seem to have the same bone structure as those with the problem... But... Ya never know

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got the parts pile a little smaller; and fixed a few issues.
Starting off with the spare tire carrier, for the past few days I couldn't get the spare dropped; and once I climbed under and started poking around I found out why. The pin that connects the extension to the winch plate sheared off, so no matter how I tried to turn the bar it wouldn't catch and lower.
So I dug around and found a screw that somewhat fit and jammed it in there, got it screwed down to German Torque spec and it works like a charm now. If it fails again I'll get a bolt and put a nut on the other end.
You must be registered for see images attach

Also finished removing the hacked 5th wheel plug, which should be the last of the sketchy wiring.

Now comes the fun part, wiring in the trailer brakes/7-way pin the right way; I unfuckered the taillight plug and got the 3-way harness all hooked up, I still need to ground it and get it zip-tied up and out of the way so it looks clean, hopefully tomorrow I can get the 7-way mounted to the bumper and start connecting wires.

I'm hoping to grab some scrap angle iron from work so I can start fabricating a bracket for the bumper lights; still trying to draw up the best way to execute it though.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Trailer wiring is all there waiting for you, so at worst just hack off all the garbage the PO halfassed on there and start anew.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Trailer wiring is all there waiting for you, so at worst just hack off all the garbage the PO halfassed on there and start anew.

Yup, I understand what you were saying when I first tried to figure out the wiring; I pulled the wires located in the chassis harness, thankfully the PO ran two entirely new wires along the frame rail so none of the supplied wires were touched, I'm debating on shortening up the harnesses though so I don't have 30 miles of wire to loom and zip tie in a factory looking position.

I do have to rewire the trailer brake controller but it's just a matter of running the wire through the firewall, a buck connector and a new ground away from being ready.
It's a Tekonsha Voyager II I think; not sure if I mentioned it already, from what I've seen it's a good controller and supports 1 to 4 axle trailers.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
It's decent. The wife's Envoy had one until it burned up. Not sure I'd wanna pull 10k+ with it, but for a 5k car hauler and camper it was good.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's decent. The wife's Envoy had one until it burned up. Not sure I'd wanna pull 10k+ with it, but for a 5k car hauler and camper it was good.

I don't think I'll be towing anything 10K or over, heaviest thing I could think of would probably be a parts or scrap truck (5 or 6K maybe) on a 3200lb trailer, or a 4500lb enclosed trailer and a 3200lb stock car. Maybe.

What controller do you run in the dually?