Bowtie Brody's Namesake 96 454

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jorge6.5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ordering injectors from FiveO tonight, picking up a Delphi FPR from the local parts store, anything else I should do while I've got it apart? Lower intake gasket or anything like that?

Pretty sure I'll be doing the same here sooner then later. Truck isn't starting smoothly when warm

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
Pretty sure I'll be doing the same here sooner then later. Truck isn't starting smoothly when warm

See that's the thing, my truck starts up fast once it's been run a while, it's hard starting after it sits for a couple hours,

My rule is 50% of new or less for most stuff.

If you are motivated enough to do the lower gaskets it would be a good idea. Mine were weeping and in otherwise bad shape.

I won't be able to do the work myself, I'll be dropping it off at a shop, I don't have time or a place really to dig into this in my neighborhood,

CarolinaOBS

ZIP TIES AND PB BLASTER
Reaction score
I'm not really a fan of the K2XX mirrors really, there's some guy running around here with a 2-door Tahoe and he's got the whole thing chromed up, I mean everything. I'm not really a fan of the chrome caps, if someone makes those caps in black I might think about a set;

I'm searching for H2s and PYOs, there's a couple of 4x4 outfitters around me and I'm temped to go see if they've got any OEM take offs, 305 anything is pretty pricey, that's why I wanted to go with 285 in an aggressive A/T, little easier on the wallet,

Here ya go brody, i like the chromed out Big ole new truck mirrors. :D Can always paint the caps if you don't like chrome.

You must be registered for see images attach

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
Here ya go brody, i like the chromed out Big ole new truck mirrors. :D Can always paint the caps if you don't like chrome.

You must be registered for see images attach

See, a white truck can pull of the chrome mirrors, but I feel like the darker red of my truck would be better suited to black mirrors,
Truck looks damn good by the way, still trying to sell the Burb? I saw it listed a while back, does it still have a body lift on it or anything?

CarolinaOBS

ZIP TIES AND PB BLASTER
Reaction score
See, a white truck can pull of the chrome mirrors, but I feel like the darker red of my truck would be better suited to black mirrors,
Truck looks damn good by the way, still trying to sell the Burb? I saw it listed a while back, does it still have a body lift on it or anything?

Thanks! Thats very true! I agree that with the burgundy red the flat black standard mirrors would look good.

Yea! nobody wants to pay anything for it, it has body lift still on it and ugly stock wheels. I think thats why. Ive put all new ball joints cleaned everything. I had to do en emergency brake overhaul recently as the brake booster decided to destroy itself so I'm tired of dumping money into it :gr_guns:
:Rant:

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
Thanks! Thats very true! I agree that with the burgundy red the flat black standard mirrors would look good.

Yea! nobody wants to pay anything for it, it has body lift still on it and ugly stock wheels. I think thats why. Ive put all new ball joints cleaned everything. I had to do en emergency brake overhaul recently as the brake booster decided to destroy itself so I'm tired of dumping money into it :gr_guns:
:Rant:

Hell if I had the money and a place to keep it, I'd come out and get it for parts, never hurts to have a spare 96 454/4L80E combo laying around.
But my parents would kill me if I hauled that thing home :lol:

gstubbz

Hi I'm Gavin and I have an OBSession
Reaction score
Hell if I had the money and a place to keep it, I'd come out and get it for parts, never hurts to have a spare 96 454/4L80E combo laying around.

This is why I keep all of my trucks at a friend's house, my parents would have already murdered me if they saw my other trucks :rolleyes:

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
This is why I keep all of my trucks at a friend's house, my parents would have already murdered me if they saw my other trucks :rolleyes:

Thought about it, but I hate to intrude on my friends like that, plus both of the ones who store crap for other friends already have full yards because of it,

CarolinaOBS

ZIP TIES AND PB BLASTER
Reaction score

You aint lying! I've thought about using it for the drivetrain on the truck and parting it out, but i have a need for the money persuading me not too, bills never stop coming haha. Oh my parents do hate me I'm always taking up shop space woking on my crap. LOL
:Violin: