Bowtie Brody's Namesake 96 454

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thatfordguy

Because I can!!
Reaction score
Steps do need to go, and I'm thinking either BFG A/Ts or Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx in 285 on a PYO, or 265 Goodyear Authority on an H2 rim, or just Nitto Trail Graps on these rims, tow mirrors coming after I get all the maintenance done!
X2 get rid of the steps.
Now here's little advice on tires
Skip the Nittos they are so over rated it's not even funny. They throw rocks like hell, wear like ****, and are way to expensive. They look good but there are just so many better options out there.
Bfgs and coopers are both good

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
X2 get rid of the steps.
Now here's little advice on tires
Skip the Nittos they are so over rated it's not even funny. They throw rocks like hell, wear like ****, and are way to expensive. They look good but there are just so many better options out there.
Bfgs and coopers are both good

I had a buddy who ran them on his '12 Silverado, he liked them and recommended them; I figured they would throw rocks and wear quick cause they are mud tires, what's your opinion on the Authorities if you've got one? Everything I've seen has been mixed reviews. Now Coopers I know are good, I've got a set of Discoverer ATPs on my Suburban and they kicked ass.

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've heard great things out of toyo a/ts and r/ts. Yes they're pricey but they stand behind their warranties.

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
Mastercraft courser mxts are pretty friggin impressive tires imo. And theyre cheaper. Mine have about 1500 miles and they still have most of their ****. Plus they do great in the snow and mud

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
Not a good shot but I painted my frame today, more to dress it up than protect it really; at some point I'm going to wire wheel the entire frame down and coat it with a good chassis paint.

You must be registered for see images attach

Thinking about doing the bottom half and fender flares with some sort of glossy dark color, but I also want to rocker-guard it to protect it...so conflicting...

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Not a good shot but I painted my frame today, more to dress it up than protect it really; at some point I'm going to wire wheel the entire frame down and coat it with a good chassis paint.

You must be registered for see images attach

Thinking about doing the bottom half and fender flares with some sort of glossy dark color, but I also want to rocker-guard it to protect it...so conflicting...
If anything, only change the flares to black, i'd leave the lower portion stock unless its rusty, which it doesn't look like it. Whenever someone paints something dark along the bottom it always looks like they're just covering up rust to me. If you're gonna hang on to those rims, i'd also paint them black, but thats just me :D

Thatfordguy

Because I can!!
Reaction score
I had a buddy who ran them on his '12 Silverado, he liked them and recommended them; I figured they would throw rocks and wear quick cause they are mud tires, what's your opinion on the Authorities if you've got one? Everything I've seen has been mixed reviews. Now Coopers I know are good, I've got a set of Discoverer ATPs on my Suburban and they kicked ass.
The authorities are a decent tire I've got a buddy with them on his jeep and they are doing great.

Nittos I'm just not impressed with at all I've got like 12k on the set on my powerstroke and I'm gonna be lucky to get another 5k out of them.

Jorge6.5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok time to remove the bug deflector and step boards.

Needs some blacked out wheels and bfg ko2s. Coopers would be nice too