Bowtie Brody's Namesake 96 454

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
A touch of silicone and I have sort of a rubber grommet that fits in the hole over the screw. The GM lenses actually have a little ridge that the screw sets down into and it seals pretty nicely there.

Is this grommet something that came with the lights?

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I'm disappointed. 5,000 pounds of pallets, and the truck would barely hold 50.
You must be registered for see images attach

Is this grommet something that came with the lights?
No, it was something that was laying in the garage, it was almost like a hose but it was advertised as a seal, it had a NAPA tag on it and my dad said it was from some of his old racecar stuff.

Mangonesailor

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Get some headers. And moar timing. And bewst.
No, he just needs gears and tow haul so he locks 3rd.

I could do 80 with the same truck, same tire diameter, no tune, 4.10s, and headers. Headers isn't going to get THAT big of an improvement.

Brody, throw that shifter in and we/you can get your tow/haul set up to really tow

ZRoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I set mine up to lock without tow/haul.
Is it possible to run in 4th without locking the TC? Or would that be worse for the tranny than locking up the TC in 3rd?
Just curious because later trucks with the 4l80 had a position on the column for D separate from OD which I thought allowed the driver to run without TC lockup in 4th.

Sent from my moto e5 supra using Tapatalk

Last edited:

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No, he just needs gears and tow haul so he locks 3rd.

I could do 80 with the same truck, same tire diameter, no tune, 4.10s, and headers. Headers isn't going to get THAT big of an improvement.

Brody, throw that shifter in and we/you can get your tow/haul set up to really tow

Going to take some time this weekend and get the shifter in.
I did manage to test the fuel pressure earlier but only had enough time to test it with just the key on and pump primed, it shot up to 55 PSI and then trickled back down to 52. I'm going to test it again in the morning when I have time

Get some headers. And moar timing. And bewst.

If I could find a full Whipple kit for a reasonable price, I would honestly probably jump on it.