Bowtie Brody's Namesake 96 454

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I did lowers then later uppers on my dually. Lowers didn't require an alignment but they were more labor intensive as the torsion bars had to be unloaded/removed and the bolts are put in there all r3tard3d and hit the diff so you get to yank those bolts to move it around so you can fish out the a arm bolts. Uppers are easier but again require an alignment afterwards. My lowers didn't make a lick of difference, it was the uppers that were destroyed and they seem to be quite consumable with any sort of added weight up front.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well, I was hoping to have a new motor built for this thing by the end of the year but due to some unfortunate circumstances I'm having to sell my rebuild engine.

Big suck but what can you, times are tough.

Also having to sell my 12-valve rebuild engine too, I don't have time and money for either engine project and with the possibility of getting a second job looming on the horizon it's not looking like I'll have the time either.
I figured it's going to be best to clear my pasture of any non-essential projects and simply knock out what little knick-knack things on the trucks I've currently got the parts for.

GrimsterGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I was hoping to have a new motor built for this thing by the end of the year but due to some unfortunate circumstances I'm having to sell my rebuild engine.

Also having to sell my 12-valve rebuild engine too, I don't have time and money for either engine project and with the possibility of getting a second job looming on the horizon it's not looking like I'll have the time either.
I figured it's going to be best to clear my pasture of any non-essential projects and simply knock out what little knick-knack things on the trucks I've currently got the parts for.
Unfortunately this is an all too common theme right now, I know a lot of people in your position and have been there myself. All we can do is hunker down and ride it out. When things right themselves we can regroup and start again. Life, like everything in nature, works in cycles and we can't fight it so we just have to ride it out and then try again.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

I've intentionally dumped multiple parts, projects and time suckers over the last 2 years and let me tell you, it feels good! To be free of the burdens has been wonderful. You'll eventually reset, reevaluate and have the perspective of what you're going through right now. You've got this!

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've intentionally dumped multiple parts, projects and time suckers over the last 2 years and let me tell you, it feels good! To be free of the burdens has been wonderful. You'll eventually reset, reevaluate and have the perspective of what you're going through right now. You've got this!
I know, it's a similar feeling to my Polaris 700 I sold, it sucks because I had it and could work on it, but I needed to sell it. I know I'll have another ATV, I know I'll have another engine to rebuild, but it just sucks to have to abandon it now.
The vote of confidence is definitely appreciated.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well, it's gone. Sold to a guy who's putting it in a squarebody, so I'm glad it's going to get the time it deserves.
It was a bit of a debacle loading it, I guess the engine hoist is going to need the cylinder repacked or something, it wouldn't lift like it was getting help up, release the pressure and it would go a little further. Definitely make everything a lot more difficult than it needed to be.

Attachments

• 20240324_135158.jpg
    20240324_135158.jpg
    464.4 KB · Views: 9

Road Trip

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately this is an all too common theme right now, I know a lot of people in your position and have been there myself. All we can do is hunker down and ride it out. When things right themselves we can regroup and start again. Life, like everything in nature, works in cycles and we can't fight it so we just have to ride it out and then try again.

@BNielsen, I have empathy for your situation. I'm preparing to move a couple of states over
in order to be closer to my infant grandchildren. Don't get me wrong, on the one hand this is a
great problem to have...but on the other hand I'm moving into a smaller footprint, and I'm having
to make a bunch of tough decisions.

GrimsterGMC nailed it -- life works in cycles. Between now and then I hope I can figure out a place
to keep the chore truck where I end up. :rolleyes:

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
@BNielsen, I have empathy for your situation. I'm preparing to move a couple of states over
in order to be closer to my infant grandchildren. Don't get me wrong, on the one hand this is a
great problem to have...but on the other hand I'm moving into a smaller footprint, and I'm having
to make a bunch of tough decisions.

GrimsterGMC nailed it -- life works in cycles. Between now and then I hope I can figure out a place
to keep the chore truck where I end up. :rolleyes:
My brother was in the same situation, moved back up to Iowa about 3 years ago now, it was a bit of a struggle but he's finally got his footing. I was doing great but a few unforseen incidents sort of put me in a position where I need to make some changes.
I keep it close to my heart that things will work out one way or another. I hope everything works out in your situation too.

@Stumpy, funny enough I think the engine is heading back down your way. At least closer, the dude who bought it lives on the southern side of Monroe, NC