Bought a CC Dually 454 Whipple

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Turns out the 2 plugs are numbered a little different, so the recessed AC recirc pin was actually mashed into the 5V reference pin for the TPS, that actually makes sense. Went for a drive and no codes yet, so maybe the evap was tied into it somehow? What's strange is that I don't recall encountering these codes before.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Nope, traced it. TPS gets its very own wire. I'm thinking something got linked inside the computer? Evap is 12V and PCM gives the solenoid a ground. Either way, I don't see an evap code stranding me so I feel comfortable towing 600mi one way now.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Hooked this hot mess up and took off for OK for the big race. I had the pace again, but came up short on luck. 2 missed shifts ****** me hard for the podium in the final, I missed it by 1. Truck ran great for the first 200 miles, then started rolling coal again. It got worse, then better with throttle position. To me, this pointed to an O2 sensor even though I lacked data as it implied that open loop was good and closed loop bad. The reason I had no issues in CO was because throttle position here forces a downshift and open loop vs airflow much sooner than at a lower elevation. What happens is that, at a given throttle angle, much more airflow happens at a lower elevation than does a higher elevation. Also, a narrowband is more easily overrun than a wideband WRT airflow, this is part of why they read so much more accurately and also why I never rolled coal foot to the floor. Onto the next fuel/ignition issue.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Incomplete drunk post above, I never mentioned that I unplugged an O2 to force the truck into open loop and that it ran normal again and picked up a little mpg. At my next gas stop, I swung by OReilly's and bought their only O2 sensor. I replaced the sooty O2 and shoved off and got fuel economy back into the 5 range.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I did SD open loop for a couple years, not a fan. The PCM sucks at dealing with temperature and elevation changes. The MAF and O2 sensors really help to fill in the gaps. The real holdup for the blower is Vista battling me with EFILive software. Once that's squared away I'll slap in the injectors and MAP.

Christian Steffen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I did SD open loop for a couple years, not a fan. The PCM sucks at dealing with temperature and elevation changes. The MAF and O2 sensors really help to fill in the gaps. The real holdup for the blower is Vista battling me with EFILive software. Once that's squared away I'll slap in the injectors and MAP.

Have you run 2 bar OS on anything else? Perhaps it was something i messed up, but the last time i tried running the o2 sensors on a 2 bar hp tuners OS the o2 sensors fought with boost enrichment command AFR if it wasn't also in power enrichment.