Bosal 0795111 - Does it fit K series TBI?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Your truck is older obd 1 like my 95 K2500. The original cat finally died last year. Have you checked with "Walker exhaust" for pipesand cat. The 96 and up as you probly found out, obd2, before cat sensor reads mixture for engine operation. The after cat sensor is monitoring cat health. There is no advantage usibg the later two cat model. They have odd size outlets. I picked up a cat back dual kit for 95 has nice rumble with your foot in it, but at cruise doesn't irritate everyone. Good luck.

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
Yes, my wife's '92 is running a Walker Y pipe and one of their cats. However, I'm looking to run true duals, which is why I'm interested in that Bosal Y-pipe. I think it'll fit, going to pick one up within the next month. Going to have exhaust dude just cap off where the OBDII o2 sensors would go.. Another good question is then, what cat back options do I have which will fit the Bosal? Would anything 96 and up work?

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
Welp, I can say for anyone who is curious like I was- the Bosal 0795111 does NOT fit. Here at the exhaust shop and am told the flanges are different and that one side is hitting the floor pan. Expensive lesson learned for me, hopefully someone else will find this before making the same mistake I did.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welp, I can say for anyone who is curious like I was- the Bosal 0795111 does NOT fit. Here at the exhaust shop and am told the flanges are different and that one side is hitting the floor pan. Expensive lesson learned for me, hopefully someone else will find this before making the same mistake I did.

Well that sucks. Are the TBI manifolds angled different? It may be throwing good money after bad, but would vortec headers fit on a TBI?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
I swear that the angles looks identical.. The pics and eyeball measurements I made with my buddy's '97 Yukon are what caused me to pull the trigger on that Bosal unit. Looking between the two, it looks like the Vortec units are identical, they even have a boss for the old O2 sensor location and AIR fittings. Perhaps either the unit Bosal sent me was trash or the shop didn't want to install it. I really didn't see any differences under the truck either, so I find it a little far fetched that the Bosal unit was hitting the floor pan. But, I've been taking my stuff there for over a decade now. They do everything from race cars to mini vans.. Their welds and bends are beautiful, take a look at my oily, dirty truck.. (cleaning that off today, things we do to thwart rust..)

You must be registered for see images attach