Bosal 0795111 - Does it fit K series TBI?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It fit my 98 K1500 (350) with only one issue - a downstream O2 sensor wouldn’t fit without cutting back some heat shield under the cab. I guess a TBI didn’t use the downstream ones though.

Heads up, it’s $420 at Rockauto (plus the 5% coupon code). Sorry, no idea if it fits a TBI but if it uses the same exhaust manifold dimensions and similar O2 sensor locations then it seems like it’d work.

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
That looks pretty expensive and for a later model truck. If you don't mind doing your own pipes how about a couple of these?
"The Dude minds, this aggression won't stand, man!" Gonna farm this out.. East302 posted a cheaper link through rockauto. I want to say it was even cheaper back in January, like ~$280. I sat on it because I wasn't sure about fitment and didn't expect prices to skyrocket. Figures..

It fit my 98 K1500 (350) with only one issue - a downstream O2 sensor wouldn’t fit without cutting back some heat shield under the cab. I guess a TBI didn’t use the downstream ones though.

Heads up, it’s $420 at Rockauto (plus the 5% coupon code). Sorry, no idea if it fits a TBI but if it uses the same exhaust manifold dimensions and similar O2 sensor locations then it seems like it’d work.

Funny, I've got a Vortec engine sitting in the garage right now. I've also got a dead '98 Yukon in my driveway which needs that engine. Guess I'll do some comparisons. From what I did see yesterday, the manifolds appear to dump in the same spot... And if it fits your '98 K, I don't see why it wouldn't work for TBIs. As for the up/downstream O2 sensor, I'd just need plugs as TBI stuff only has a single 02 sensor in the driver's side exhaust manifold.

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
Update:
Please check out the pics, I'll try and post them such that they're side by side, my '89 vs a '97 Yukon that I think this Bosal Y-Pipe is designed to fit, my TBI manual on the left, Vortec auto on the right. I tried to get the angles as close as possible between the two trucks. To my untrained eye, the collectors look identical. Hell, the manifolds even look identical- you can see the boss where the O2 sensor bung would be for a TBI on the Vortec manifold even. Seems like this Bosal Y-pipe would fit. What say you guys?

Passenger Side:
1989 TBI (Left) || 1997 Vortec (Right)
You must be registered for see images attach

Driver's Side:
1989 TBI (Left) || 1997 Vortec (Right)

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
I do. Not sure! I've heard the extra O2 helps prolong the life of the meowers, so thinking of keeping it in place. It would tidy the engine bay up quite nicely with that stuff gone though. My wife's '92 doesn't have A.I.R. - Must be factree as her manifolds aren't tapped for it. Factory meower was still working at 200K+ miles but had rust holes in it.

Question- What to do with the electrical connector that is associated with the A.I.R. system if I gut everything? I don't just want that guy tapped back somewhere- I'd like to remove it completely.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've heard the extra O2 helps prolong the life of the meowers, so thinking of keeping it in place.
It only helps fire off the cat when cold. Once warmed up FWIU it doesn't do much of anything. If you still have the old pellet style cat, I'd replace it with a 3-way high flow one.

Question- What to do with the electrical connector that is associated with the A.I.R. system if I gut everything? I don't just want that guy tapped back somewhere- I'd like to remove it completely.
Just rip it out and plug the vacuum line.

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
I still do, but that's where that Bosal dual cat setup comes in for me. Wife has a Walker cat installed, not sure if it's high flow or not.

What size hardware do I need to cap off where the A.I.R. fittings go into the manifolds?

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I still do, but that's where that Bosal dual cat setup comes in for me
Doh! CRS kicking in again!

What size hardware do I need to cap off where the A.I.R. fittings go into the manifolds?
We had a discussion about those a while back, IIRC they're 18X1.5 inverted flair? I seem to remember somebody using oil pan drain plugs? Maybe someone else can chime in.