Boost Auto Mirror review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Grimpala

Reaction score
Anyone else have issues with the glass vibrating? The wide angle mirrors function perfect, the upper normal mirror almost make you dizzy trying to see out of them. Contacted boost and was told that it's either loose door hinges(it's not) or the cut rate mirror motor tolerances (this I can believe). They even referenced a service bulletin(which doesn't pertain to our year model trucks) about how adding larger tow mirrors in place of smaller mirrors can cause the issue.

The mount is good to go, it's the damn glass and motors/attachments.

Erin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Anyone else have issues with the glass vibrating? The wide angle mirrors function perfect, the upper normal mirror almost make you dizzy trying to see out of them. Contacted boost and was told that it's either loose door hinges(it's not) or the cut rate mirror motor tolerances (this I can believe). They even referenced a service bulletin(which doesn't pertain to our year model trucks) about how adding larger tow mirrors in place of smaller mirrors can cause the issue.

I have cheap tow mirrors off Amazon & the top mirror vibrates.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

If you look at factory mirror bases versus Boost Auto and other chinesium mirror backings; the chinese backings are anywhere from 3 to 3 and a half inches. The factory mirror motor mount is like 5 inches across.

I remedied the vibrating by adding wheel weights to the glass. It helps a lot.

Grimpala

Reaction score
If you look at factory mirror bases versus Boost Auto and other chinesium mirror backings; the chinese backings are anywhere from 3 to 3 and a half inches. The factory mirror motor mount is like 5 inches across.

I remedied the vibrating by adding wheel weights to the glass. It helps a lot.

I'm glad there is a possible fix, but i shouldn't have to modify something that I paid ~$400 for.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm glad there is a possible fix, but i shouldn't have to modify something that I paid ~$400 for.

It sucks but at the end of the day, it's still a chinese mirror. I know the main reason I spent the money on my set is my first set of eBay specials didn't work right out of the gate, and I really wanted the dual-function lighting and all the other upgrades Boost Auto offers.

Grimpala

Reaction score
It sucks but at the end of the day, it's still a chinese mirror. I know the main reason I spent the money on my set is my first set of eBay specials didn't work right out of the gate, and I really wanted the dual-function lighting and all the other upgrades Boost Auto offers.
I think what pissed me off the most was the cookie cutter email response and shifting the blame to me for their poor performance while simultaneously stating that their adjustment mounts/motors were **** to begin with.

jus10inbrla

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
U can buy jst the dual function lighting and install them on non boost mirrors. Thats what i did to my k2s

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think what pissed me off the most was the cookie cutter email response and shifting the blame to me for their poor performance while simultaneously stating that their adjustment mounts/motors were **** to begin with.

Yeah that's very strange; I shattered my original mirrors when the back tabs all broke after testing the wheel weight theory a couple times, they were extremely quick and pleasant when I had to deal with them to get replacement glass.
I've toyed around with buying a set of OE K2XX mirrors and getting a cheap set off eBay to combine the two into one set of really good mirrors. But unfortunately with these OE mirrors still being 400+ it'll make you think twice...

Grimpala

Reaction score
Yeah that's very strange; I shattered my original mirrors when the back tabs all broke after testing the wheel weight theory a couple times, they were extremely quick and pleasant when I had to deal with them to get replacement glass.
I've toyed around with buying a set of OE K2XX mirrors and getting a cheap set off eBay to combine the two into one set of really good mirrors. But unfortunately with these OE mirrors still being 400+ it'll make you think twice...
I think I'm going to run the stockers until I come across some OE Dodge tows.